Engineer I-Product Marketing
Microchip is looking for a go-getter, someone not afraid to jump right in and learn new things. This position will work within the Product Line Marketing team supporting the MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) product line. This Engineer I-Product Marketing role will also work with Planning, Digital Marketing and Sales to ensure the smooth running of the product line in support of the MEMS marketing team. This position is considered entry level and will require a strong team-first attitude and passion to learn new things. The right candidate will grow quickly into the position with future opportunities for advancement.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Support the product introduction process, taking new products to marketing in an effective and efficient way.
- Work with Digital marketing to ensure the best MEMS web presence.
- Work closely with the Planning team to ensure the most efficient supply of this high-volume product to our customers.
- Support Product Line Managers market analysis to understand trends and identify potential opportunities both in market and product developments.
- Support Product Line Managers with product strategy including defining new products and Markets.
- Ability to leverage Microchip's core competencies in Timing into growth markets.
- Be an ambassador for the Timing product line within Microchip and after some time to represent Microchip externally.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in an appropriate discipline such as Electrical Engineering
- Excellent time-management, organization and project management skills
- Attention to detail from idea through execution.
- Being able to manage multiple projects and report results
- Strong team player and great communication skills
- Ability to manage change and maintain positive attitude
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft office products including Outlook email, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of marketing basics, market analysis, value propositions, Competitive analysis
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 or equivalent is a plus