Sr. Merchandise Analyst- BI/Automation
This position will work to create tools, reports, and process in order to improve replenishment practices and alignment with merchandising strategies to ensure the right product is at the right stores at the right time. Partner with the buying, merchandising analysts, planning, finance, marketing, and the distribution centers to help coordinate product flow operations within the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico business units.
A detail oriented, organized and hard-working professional who is comfortable managing numerous projects at a time is desired.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Utilizing a variety of tools to develop more efficient reports and processes for all areas of the business.
2. Taking existing reports and reworking them to maximize operating efficiency
3. Working closely with various departments to develop and implement new reports, tools, and processes.
4. Communicating and working with the buying, planning, and allocation teams to quickly create reports to solve urgent concerns.
5. Researching items that may be delayed in getting out to stores as requested by buying, planning and merchandising analyst teams.
6. Provide support to the various departments in the business as the needs of the business dictate.
7. Build and analyze reports for replenishment, cross docks and the other needs of the business as requested.
8. Provide information to the finance and inventory control departments on the product allocated to the virtual stores to assist with their month ending paperwork.
9. Develop new ways to aid in the allocation, buying, and planning processes based on the season or the changing needs of the business.
10. Communicate effectively with employees representing all business functions across the company.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Job Required Knowledge & Skills
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Informatics, Information Technology or other related field and/or 1-3 years of applicable retail work experience; prior analytics experience is preferred.
2. Strong Retail Math skills and Analytical skills.
3. Ability to research and analyze large amounts of data.
4. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
5. Computer skills to include navigational ability in a networked environment and proficiency in Microsoft Word and email applications.
6. SQL coding experience preferred.
7. Power BI experience preferred.
8. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
9. Results-oriented, willingness to follow through, make informed decisions, complete tasks and problem solve.
10. Uses rigorous logic and thoughtful thinking to effectively identify, address and resolve challenges.
11. Demonstrated abilities in learning new skills, change/variety in work and creativity; exhibit attention to detail with high degree of accuracy.