Financial and Risk Modelling AI/ML Internship
New England Asset Management, Inc. (NEAM) provides asset management services primarily to the insurance industry. NEAM has developed a comprehensive scope of services, including asset management, enterprise capital return and risk management®, capital and risk analytics and investment accounting and reporting services.
NEAM is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Re Corporation, which is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. NEAM has developed proprietary decision-making tools and specialized services enabling the delivery of asset and capital management solutions to clients within the context of evolving regulatory, accounting and tax issues faced by insurance companies today.
The firm’s culture is team oriented, collaborative, transparent, and intellectually curious.
We currently offer an excellent opportunity for a Summer Internship that can be conducted remotely from home or in our NEAM office located in Farmington, CT.
Experience / Skills Desired:
· We are looking for applicants with superior hands-on experience and/or technical expertise in the broad field of optimization, artificial intelligence and deep/machine learning with a commanding knowledge of relevant quantitative tools and software implementations
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to convey complex issues easily
· Ability to utilize large data sets to generate information and topical insights
· Cloud/HPC/CUDA/distributed computing skills (e.g. Azure, Kubernetes, Docker) a plus
· Graphics/Design/Data/Dashboard visualization skills a plus
· Unity or Pixyz and mixed reality programming skills a plus
· Experience with practical and theoretical research a plus
· Teaching and mentoring skills are a plus
· Enrolled in a master’s or PhD program specializing in quantitative finance, computer science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, statistics or similar specialty
· Strong quantitative skills are a necessity
· Commanding knowledge of relevant optimization or AI/ML software/programming solutions a must
Work on projects related to financial instruments, simulation, stress testing, econometric modeling and optimization of securities and insurance portfolios. Selected applicants will have the opportunity to research, develop and prototype financial and risk models. We invite interns to propose and pursue own (e.g. school) projects leveraging our extensive data/technology platform and our financial markets and insurance expertise. Intern project scopes will be tailored and finalized to fit individual skills and ideas with the goal to elevate project outcomes to real-world application.
If interested in a paid internship, please send resume and transcript by March 30, 2021 to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org