Atlantic Council's Young Global Professionals Paid Internship Program - Fall 2021
At the Atlantic Council, we advance our mission of “shaping the global future together” by taking on global, generational challenges – those the next generation is inheriting.
To meet this moment, we are committed to fostering the next generation of international affairs professionals. To this end, we have relaunched our internship program as a world-class, paid Young Global Professionals (YGP) Program. This initiative is designed to provide exceptional young people with in-depth exposure to international affairs and an opportunity to play an active role in shaping real-world solutions to global challenges.
This prestigious paid internship program for intellectual entrepreneurs offers hands-on experience working at the forefront of international affairs and global engagement. The program is also designed as a career accelerator.
Inspired by the Atlantic Council’s enduring purpose of working with friends and allies to shape the future, our Young Global Professionals Program has been designed to harness the potential of rising young leaders. Those with expertise, a passion for the work, an entrepreneurial and solutions-oriented ethos, an innovative mind, and an optimistic and collegial attitude are encouraged to join us to further this audacious undertaking.
Program participants will:
- Receive in-depth exposure to one of our 16 applicable programs or centers and become a valuable part of the Atlantic Council team through engagement with leading strategists, government officials, business leaders, tech entrepreneurs, and military commanders; exposure to the writing and editing process for publications and the logistical elements of event planning; and creating initiatives within a foreign affairs institution.
- Play key roles in helping our programs operate, from helping to produce high-profile public and private events, writing copy to amplify our work on various communication channels, to providing research to support task force reports, digital products or proposals and originating data visualizations.
- Participate in orientation and professional development programs, including practical software and systems training, career development training, and participation in the Council’s Masterclass series centered around substantive current events and geopolitical issues.
Participating programs and centers include:
- Adrienne Arsht Latin America Center
- Adrienne Arsht-Rockefeller Foundation Resilience Center
- Africa Center
- Digital Forensic Research Lab (Engagement and Research positions)
- Europe Center
- GeoEconomics Center
- GeoTech Center
- Global Energy Center
- Middle East Programs
- Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security, Asia Security Initiative
- Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security, Cyber Statecraft Initiative
- Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security, Foresight, Strategy, and Risks Initiative
- Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security, Forward Defense
- Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security, Global Strategy Initiative
- Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security, New American Engagement Initiative
- Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security, Transatlantic Security Initiative
- South Asia Center
Fall 2021 applications close Friday, July 23, 2021. Visit our website for more information!