Data Analyst Associate
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full time Data Analyst Associate position with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Cincinnati, OH.
The Office of Research and Development at the EPA supports high-quality research to improve the scientific basis for decisions on national environmental issues and help EPA achieve its environmental goals. Research is conducted in a broad range of environmental areas by scientists in EPA laboratories and at universities across the country.
Location: This job will be located EPA’s facility in Cincinnati, OH.
Salary: Selected applicant will become a temporary employee of ORAU and will receive an hourly wage of $22.19 for hours worked.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Expected start date: The position is full time and expected to begin April 2021. The selected applicant will become a temporary employee of ORAU working as a contractor to EPA. The initial project is through May 14, 2021, with up to 4 additional option periods.
What the EPA project is about
The Office of Resource Management (ORM) provides administrative and support services for all employees of EPA's Office of Research and Development (ORD). The Extramural Management Division (EMD), one of several divisions within ORM, is tasked with providing extramural management services and support to ORD.
What experience and skills will you gain?
The student contractor shall assist the EMD staff in executing their duties by providing both administrative and technical support for the management, tracking and analysis of extramural program activities.
How you will apply your skills
- Assisting in developing, validating and editing contract and agreement progress reports, summarizing various data on extramural program efforts, and collecting and analyzing trends and statistical characteristics of various extramural efforts including timelines, financial and progress indicators;
- Performing data entry in various ORD and Agency extramural and financial systems;
- Reconciling data between internal and external systems and making corrections when approved;
- Participating in organizational meetings related to extramural management;
- Assisting the EMD staff in coordinating and managing meetings;
- Assisting in responding to information requests;
- Maintaining records in accordance with Federal regulations; and
- Providing general administrative support (word processing, copying, mailing, scheduling).
As a team member, you will perform duties, as requested, according to specifications and instructions provided by the mentor. All necessary instructions and training will be provided by the EPA mentor. As indicated in the Statement of Work, you may be expected to participate in conferences and seminars.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
- Strong statistical, mathematical, analytical and computer skills; and
- A commanding knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, data analytics, statistics, mathematics, or a closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.