Position Title: Recruiting Coordinator
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt, 37.5 Hours
Pay Rate: $19 - $20/hour
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
During COVID this position will be remote.
JFS is looking for a compassionate, mission-driven individual to join the People and Culture team as the Recruiting Coordinator. In this role, you have the opportunity to use your organizational and customer service skills to make a meaningful difference in your community and help change lives across San Diego. The Recruiting Coordinator plays an integral role on the team and supports the entire agency by coordinating daily recruiting activities while providing excellent customer service to candidates and hiring managers. This position reports directly to the Talent Acquisition Specialist and works closely with People and Culture team.
· Create and manage assigned open positions and candidate workflow in the applicant tracking system (ATS)
· Work with hiring managers and candidates to schedule interviews
· Conduct phone interviews for entry level positions
· Review and copy edit job postings, as need
· Conduct reference checks
· Act as point of contact for staffing firms in coordinating temp positions
· Provide general support to Talent Acquisition Specialist/Supervisor and HR team, as needed
· Demonstrate and uphold company values and culture.
Skills/Abilities that are a Must-Have:
· Associates degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
· 2+ years of experience in a Recruiter, Recruiting Coordinator, or position with similar experience.
· A minimum of 2 years in clerical or administrative experience, internships included.
· Strong people skills are a must.
· Able to excel in a high-volume work environment.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro and filing skills required.
· Experience with an Applicant Tracking Systems
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands.
· Ability to communicate in both oral and written form, including the ability to compose, edit and proofread routine business correspondence and job descriptions.
· Comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization, including hiring managers of 41+ programs.
· Well organized, detail orientated and able to manage multiple responsibilities with differing priorities.
Skills/Abilities we’d like you to Have:
· Experience with Paychex preferred.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.