Data Science Intern - Precision Animal Health
Data Science Intern- Precision Animal Health
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Applications: March 01 – April-15, 2021
Interviews: March 01 – May-31, on a rolling basis
Internship: 40 hours/week for 10-13 weeks
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance. The ideal candidate is expected to apply computer vision and deep learning approaches to help develop robust new technologies for use in farm settings.
Internship Job Duties:
- Gain familiarity with Zoetis Precision Animal Health data collection and recording
- Work with developmental precision animal health technologies and models
- Research and development of novel imaging-data-based machine learning algorithms for new product development
- Apply statistical, machine learning, and deep learning methods to analyze large and complex data sets
- Communicate highly technical results and methods clearly
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams in the downtown Kalamazoo site
- Summarize biosensor and observational data to create novel features for use on dairy farms
- Analyze and manage disparate data sources
- Working toward a graduate degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. computer science, data science, engineering, statistics, statistical genetics, imaging science, computational biology, applied mathematics, applied physics, or similar)
- Experience developing, training, and deploying machine learning and deep-learning models using public libraries (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, Sklearn, PyTorch, etc.) in Python.
- Experience developing, training, and evaluating classical machine/deep learning models, such as, SVMs, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, CNN, RNN, ResNet, GAN, etc.
- Experience building training dataset – data annotation, mask creation etc., for computer computer-vision models.
- Familiar with CUDA and GPU computing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enrolled in a degree program during the spring term preceding internship
- Completion of at least one year of undergraduate studies and a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving & analytical skills
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution with a current class standing of sophomore or above and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for internships at Zoetis. Students must also be 18 years of age or older prior to their scheduled start date and be able to provide verification that they are enrolled in school and authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. without immigration sponsorship. Students who are offered internships will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check within 5 days of offer.