IT Engineering/Architecture Intern - Remote
Bank of the West Engineering is hiring for the 2021 Software Engineer Program - Summer Internship Opportunity!
Bank of the West is undergoing a dramatic transformation to reimagine our brand, experiences, and products. We know real change is hard work, which is why we need people who are aligned with our values and ready to make a serious impact on our industry and world. We need your experience, optimism, and energy to define, design, and build the future.
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Bank of the West Summer Internship Program is a hands-on, experiential learning experience. We are seeking Rising Seniors (December 2021 - June 2022 graduates) for an 11-week virtual/remote internship program.
At the end of the summer, top performers may receive the opportunity to join us for a full-time role upon graduation. Locations for the full-time roles are:
· San Ramon, CA
· Tempe, AZ
· Omaha, NE
IT/Engineering Internships will be in a variety of departments within our Bank of the West Engineering team: Software Engineer, Enterprise Architects, Solutions Architects, Developers, Data Science, and Quality Assurance.
Intern will actively participate as a team member of select business unit(s), mirroring the position of a full-time employee in that unit. Responsibilities will include specific assignments and/or projects that will contribute to a practical, experiential learning environment in an assigned area of our business.
Essential Job Functions
· Must be available to participate in the entirety of the 11-week program (May 24 - August 6, 2021)
· Actively participates in day-to-day business activities of an assigned business unit.
· Contributes to one or more business unit initiative(s).
Other Job Duties
· Active participation in the Summer Internship activities (i.e., Networking sessions, Key Speaker Series, Community Service Day, final presentation, etc.)
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
· Computer Science, Math, and/or Engineering majors are preferred, while other majors may be considered
· Understanding of data, APIs, web, cloud, distributed technologies
· Previous coursework and knowledge of Data Science, ML, AI, and/or NLP is a plus
· Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
· Creative problem solving skills
· Demonstrate a willingness to learn and ask questions
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.