Human Resources SLP - Leadership Development Program (SLP)
The Stanley Black & Decker Leadership Program "SLP” is a program established to develop our future generation of leaders. The program offers invaluable experiences for associates seeking challenging developmental opportunities to jump-start their careers. This high-profile opportunity will provide a great deal of company-wide exposure and professional growth. As a SLP Associate, you will be an integral part of the growing global company that is Stanley Black & Decker. For more information on the SLP program consult: https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/careers/early-career/stanley-black-decker-leadership-program
- Plan, manage and provide deliverables on projects as assigned.
- Work closely with functional business groups to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives to drive success.
- Lead projects and ensure that the functionality is developed in a way that complies with business requirements and established methodologies and practices.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions and/or lead for change.
- Work closely with HRIS to report on HR analytics and metrics
Individual Responsibilities (Experiences Will Vary Depending On Rotation)
- Support HR Business Partners and other HR Leadership
- Managing Leaves of Absence, Disability, & Worker’s Compensation
- Acquisition / Due Diligence Support
- Recruiting and Orientation Facilitation
- General HR Administrative Duties
- Employee Survey Support
- HRIS Reporting and Maintenance
- Environmental Health & Safety Support
- Employee & Labor Relations Support
- Training & Development Support
- Position Classification & Compensation Support
- Opportunistic Special Projects
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business-related area of study.
- 3.0 or higher GPA upon graduation.
- Early career with no more than 3 years of post-graduate experience.
- HR, Business, Project Management, Analytics internship/co-op experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must be willing to rotate assignments or projects every 9-12 months throughout time in the Program to a new HR focus area.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Analytical skills
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal; presentation and facilitation skills, social media savvy communicator; ability to effectively communicate across potential language barriers
- Must possess interpersonal skills to deal effectively with business contacts and employees at all levels of the company.
- Possess a self-starting approach to assignments and responsibilities - Able to work autonomously and within a team without constant direction or supervision.
- Ability to execute with the highest degree of integrity and accountability. Excellent customer focus and provides timely follow-up and follow-through.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Resourceful and ability to navigate the unknown, grasp concepts, find solutions by navigating through internal and external channels.
- Excellent networking and collaboration skills; Proven ability to build alliances, influence others, and work in a team environment.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail; Ability to be proactive, prioritize work, and handle multiple assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and/or materials with tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Basic knowledge of business concepts and computer applications (MS Office Suite) required
- Required to regularly sit, stand, walk, reach, bend, stoop, and/or move about the work environment.
- Required to perform other related duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.