We are looking for an Energy Analyst to join our team in Boulder, CO (remote work from other locations is also possible). If you want to help shape a new future of a cleaner and more cost-effective energy supply and work with an industry-leading software company with dedicated and talented people who are passionate about our future, this could be a great fit.
Ascend Analytics is an innovative "green tech" software and consulting company focused on energy analytics that are transforming the electric grid to renewables. Ascend's solutions provide the analytics to support critical power supply decisions from operating strategies over the next hour, to hedging and budgeting decisions over the next five years, to long-term investment and resource planning decisions over the next thirty years.
For more information, visit www.ascendanalytics.com
As part of the Ascend Team, you will perform leading edge decision analysis for electric resource planning and/or battery renewable project development & operation. You will address critical utility planning issues concerning renewable resource integration, portfolio management, energy storage, reliability, and thermal generation retirement. We are seeking talented individuals with a serious commitment to energy analytics, empirical modeling, and an understanding of the dynamics of today's power market.
- Perform quantitative analysis and work collaboratively
- Devise new approaches to represent results that provide support for decision analysis
- Assimilate complex information into readily understood reports and presentations
- Perform in-depth analysis of power market operations
- Provide clients with expertise in the areas of analytic modeling for risk management, asset valuation, resource planning and renewable integration
- Serve as a technical resource for scoping, building, deploying and launch activities
- Provide clients with on-site and web-based software training
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Expertise across the technical, economic, and policy aspects of energy
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork skills and work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and problem solve with minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
Education & Experience
- Two to five years of Energy Industry experience, including knowledge of deregulated power market operations
- Economics or engineering background, including knowledge of econometrics, stochastic processes, Monte Carlo simulation, and optimization
- At least one semester of computer science
- Software development experience
- Project management experience
- Advanced degrees (Master's or PhD) in economics, engineering, and energy systems preferred
Negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Ascend highly values our employees and often pays above industry average.
We offer flexible work hours with a relaxed environment and opportunities for domestic and international travel. Excellent benefits are available, including medical, dental, vision, and a 401k plan. Ascend values their employees' overall well-being and we contribute a monthly stipend to any gym membership our employees choose. We are looking for talented individuals with a serious commitment to software development and power system optimization. Ascend Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please send your resume, transcripts and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you are a good fit!