University Relations New Grad - Associate Systems Analyst (AMS-1041048)
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC), a Mutual Legal Reserve Company and an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest customer-owned health insurer in the United States and fourth largest overall, operating through our Blue Cross and Blue Shield® Plans in Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. HCSC affiliates and subsidiaries such as Dearborn National®, TMG Health and Medecision, offer group life, disability and dental solutions, as well as a range of other individual solutions. The company, founded in 1936, serves nearly 15 million members across five states and employs more than 21,000 people in over 60 local offices. HCSC is dedicated to expanding access to high quality, cost effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools so they can make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. Our health plans were pioneers in their states, as they were the first to provide coverage for a number of procedures ranging from heart and bone marrow transplants, to cancer and leukemia treatments. Today, we are leaders in the development of value-based care models to spur greater collaboration and accountability among various stakeholders to improve the health care experience for patients and consumers and enable them lead healthier lives.
This position will be located in Chicago
What Are Your Responsibilities?
This position is responsible for analyzing/coordinating requirements; defining project scope and requirements, translating business requirements into use cases, activity or flow diagrams, and participating in project management activities; performing business research to identify gaps between current state and future vision; conducting interviews with customers and enterprise experts to provide insight based on business research and analysis; maintaining all documentation on the business project; and working closely with the Business Architects and IT interpreting and documenting functional/non-functional requirements. This position may also support the review of various demands and evaluate the portfolio and set scope for future delivery meeting market and customer demands.
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
* Bachelor’s in Information Technology or Business Administration
* Graduation date between December 2020 – June 2021
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
* Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) a plus
* Agile Scrum knowledge a plus
* JIRA experience a plus
* Clear, Concise Verbal and written communication
* Uses existing procedures to solve routine or basic problems
* A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
* Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
* Willingness to learn
* Health Insurance experience or knowledge a plus
* Demonstrates eagerness to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve customers’ needs effectively. Has the desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform job more effectively
* Soft skills like self-motivation, leadership, responsibility, independent problem solving, time management, work prioritization and organization.
What Does the New Grad Program Entail?
* Formal Orientation to build business and industry acumen
*Challenging real-world hands on projects
*Quarterly networking opportunities and professional development workshops among peers and company leaders
*Business Resource Group involvement
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.