Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Global Data Operations team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors. Our Data Analyst role provides operational support and services representing Global Data Operations, supporting successful outcomes for internal stakeholders. In this role, you will manage fund, product and account reference data, as well as fundamental data like performance and constituent-level holdings. We aim to provide accurate and timely delivery of data and reports to internal stakeholders and clients. In addition, you will support data research and controls, design, development, and implementation of enhancements and opportunities. The role will also support corporate initiatives, including project leadership.
The responsibilities of this position include:
Internal Stakeholder Service
- Front line contact for technology and data delivery support issues related to team activities while providing data and business expertise to internal and external Russell clients.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of internal colleagues, at all organizational levels, across all business lines, globally.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to requests by utilizing analytical skills and knowledge.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of data, gather requirements for new deliveries, and design solutions in the form of scheduled reports and data feeds.
- Support report development, coding, operational changes as requested by internal business unit stakeholders and process owners.
- Document, submit, and manage requests for new reporting capabilities and data elements.
- Serve as an expert regarding investment products, data requirements, and processes.
- Advise stakeholders on opportunities to further leverage our reference data and vendor capabilities, assisting clients in both the strategic and tactical planning phases.
- Ensure effective and up-to-date data management practices with a sincere focus on data quality
- Work with 3rd party vendor(s), data providers, and Global IT & Technology to manage changes required due to data errors.
- Identify and implement meaningful process solutions with a sincere focus on automation.
- Monitor incoming data to ensure Russell Investments receives timely delivery and accurate data.
- Conduct data analysis when necessary to determine root cause of data inconsistencies.
- Create and maintain documentation like work flow diagrams, processes, and desk notes.
- Acquire and automate additional data sources (internal and external) as needed to improve operating efficiency or support business/product needs.
- Network with other key data management associates globally/across Russell, evangelizing and implementing common best practices wherever possible.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Technology, or equivalent is required.
- Stakeholder management and vendor relationship experience are preferred but not required
- Previous experience as a data (Ops) analyst within Asset Management is preferred but not essential.
- Strong organizational and personal time-management skills.
- Experience using SQL is required
- Technology skills including systems implementation, data manipulation, data feed support, SIT and UAT is desired
- Willingness to support new and ongoing corporate initiatives, in addition to assigned process work.
- Identify and implement process or system enhancements resulting from evolving business requirements.
- Evaluates problems via systems thinking, sees downstream affects, identifies future implications across a process to help prioritize solutions.
- Works effectively with individuals across a networked organization. Actively listens to colleagues irrespective of level or business unit, and values their contributions, while considering input as part of the decision-making process.
- Ability to complete multiple assignments based on various priorities.
- Experience managing operational data stores, data warehouses, and data marts is preferred but not required