Supply Chain - Industrial Engineering Internship (Fall 2021)
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Lathrop, CA
- Palo Alto, CA
- Reno, NV
About the Team
An Industrial Engineering intern will either work on projects involving suppliers or process improvement for manufacturing or material flow. . The job involves communicating well with internal and external teams and on-the-spot critical decision making. The goal: delivering on time quantities of high quality component parts into Tesla’s production processes to enable extremely rapid development cycles and product launches.
What to Expect
- Plan, direct and conduct industrialization related activities within supply chain team.
- Develop, manage, audit and correct supplier planning and execution of component manufacturing, assembly, and quality processes.
- Collaborate with Tesla Design, Quality, and Manufacturing to determine the ideal performance specification and supplier metrics.
- Validate supplier corrective actions involving design and/or process changes to ensure they are robust, sustainable, and implemented across potential manufacturing lines.
- Validate suppliers to ensure their ability to meet part performance, delivery and reliability expectations.
- Lead supplier improvements in scalability, cost, and quality.
- Currently working towards a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical or Systems Engineering
- Exposure to lean manufacturing principles and concepts; bonus – application of these principles leading to real world results
- Previous experience in production control, material flow, manufacturing, process engineering, internal consulting, systems engineering, and/or warehousing.
- Software skills: MySQL, Tableau, Excel, flowcharting software
- Bonus: R, Python