Financial Modeling Consultant (Energy)-Technology Innovation & Management
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
The Technology Innovation and Management (TIM) group within Guidehouse’s Energy, Sustainability, and Infrastructure (ES&I) practice, provides technical and market analysis related to the potential for new and emerging technologies to save energy. Additionally, the TIM group supports the development of energy efficiency standards for appliances, lighting, and other commercial/residential/industrial equipment, which save the U.S. more energy each year than all wind and solar power generation combined. This includes examining the impacts of regulations on manufacturers and understanding the technical improvements necessary, and the associated costs, to meet higher performance levels. Candidate responsibilities will include performing financial due diligence on companies, writing market assessments, understanding manufacturing processes, collecting primary data through interviews, estimating impacts of proposed regulations on manufacturers/industry in general, and developing and using financial models.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Provide market research, including investigation of industry financials, product offerings, and competitive positioning.
- Develop expertise in consumer and commercial products, including their design, manufacture, and energy usage.
- Estimate the impacts of product design changes on manufacturing processes and facility investments.
- Model the impact of potential regulatory changes on industry, including investment levels, cash flow, valuation, and employment.
- Write reports that communicate complex results in language that is accessible to non-technical audiences.
- Prepare reports, presentations and other documents for clients.
- Present results of analyses to clients and to audiences in public forums
- Undergraduate degree, awarded no later than May 2021, in a quantitative discipline (preferably engineering or economics)
- 0-3 years of directly relevant experience
- Course work or work experience in finance/economics
- Ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Ability to regularly uses close visual acuity and operate computer equipment to prepare, analyze and transmit data
- Able to generally work in an office environment
- Currently reside or ability to relocate within the Washington, DC or Burlington, MA area
- Due to Department of Energy contract requirements, US Citizenship restrictions will apply
- Ability to travel as needed
- Undergraduate degree, awarded no later than May 2021, in Engineering or Economics
- Strong interest in energy efficiency, financial modeling, and manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated financial and/or data modeling skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and independent work style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- High degree of self-confidence and determination
- Highly developed organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities without diminished effectiveness
- Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and slide presentation software
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
· Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
· Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
· Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
· Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Basic Life & Supplemental Life
· Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
· Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
· Skills Development & Certifications
· Employee Referral Program
· Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
· Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program