Senior Research Analyst-Distributed Energy & Flexibility
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
Senior Research Analyst-Distributed Energy & Flexibility will function at the Guidehouse Managing Consultant staff level supporting Guidehouse Insights Energy Technology Insights team.
The Senior Research Analyst-Distributed Energy & Flexibility is responsible for managing our Energy Flexibility Insights research service. This includes producing a research roadmap, managing the collection and analysis of market data, and leading custom research projects. The Senior Research Analyst-Distributed Energy & Flexibility provides deep understanding of distributed energy resource technologies and their applications, including virtual power plants (VPPs), demand response, flexible load balancing and energy efficiency (EE) along with key considerations associated grid reliability and optimization. Suitable candidate has a deep understanding of various commercial, policy and regulatory issues that impact the distributed energy value chain. The Senior Research Analyst-Distributed Energy & Flexibility has a prominent reputation within the energy industry and is actively engaged in collaborating and conducting analytical research and writing, consistently delivers work of the highest quality, within budget and on time. Senior Research Analysts are well-regarded, established experts concerning markets for emerging technologies.
Senior Research Analyst responsibilities include:
- Collecting, synthesizing, and translating information from varied sources into cohesive commentary on the market size potential and impacts of technology trends
- Authoring research reports, white papers, and other professional literature for a variety of audiences within the energy sector
- Producing quantitative analyses and market forecasts
- Developing roadmaps for future research to be published in a subscription service
- Shaping, pricing, and conducting customized market research projects
- Conducting interviews with representatives of the grid operators and industry stakeholders
- Working with business development staff to grow client relationships and client base
- Marketing subscription services and expertise via press interactions, conference presentations, contributed articles to industry publications, and blogs
We encourage career development and hiring for the long term. As a Senior Research Analyst, you will follow a clearly defined career path and continue to deepen your specialized industry knowledge and consulting skills. As you hone your project management skills, leadership abilities and the aptitude for managing multiple workstreams, you will have the opportunity to progress to the Principle Research Analyst (Associate Director) level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, business, economics, engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience including relationships with relevant industry players
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to work in an office
- Due to contract requirements, US Citizenship restrictions apply
- Must be based currenlty in the domestic United States
- Master's, MBA or PhD degree in journalism, business, economics, engineering or a direct technology related disciple
- Proven track record of client management and account growth
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong secondary research / information discovery and aggregation skills
- Solid quantitative analysis, ability to create market models and forecasts using assumptions gleaned from research
- Good interviewing skills
- Excellent presentation skills and executive presence
- Technology market research / industry analysis experience
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- The salary range for this role is $70,700 USD to $80,000 USD
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program