Intern -- Big Data (Cloud, Hadoop)
Symphony Health, a wholly owned subsidiary of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
At Symphony Health, we pride ourselves on being Collaborative and customer centric. We do this by focusing on five key values:
· Love the Customer by consistently exceeding expectations
· Focus on Brilliant Execution by being detailed and accountable
· Leapfrog the Competition by Differentiating ourselves and providing innovative solutions
· Build a High-Performance Culture that does not accept mediocrity
· Make it Fun by Connecting as one passionate high-energy team.
Connect with Symphony! Collaborate with Customers! Differentiate Yourself!
Symphony Health is looking to place talented students in an exciting and fast paced summer internship program!
With this internship, students will have the opportunity to gain invaluable exposure to data quality projects, hands on experience coding and working with various scripting languages, and mentoring at a healthcare industry leader in data analytics and technology solutions.
What will you be doing?
The Summer Intern will support our Information Technology team, including Business Analysts, Software Engineers, and Project Managers at the intersection of business and technology. Utilizing your interest in Big Data and your ability to write basic SQL queries, you will help perform data quality checks in both Oracle and Hadoop.
Some additional responsibilities may include:
• Compile and analyze data and prepares reports.
• Provide administrative assistance in support of special projects.
• May create and develop presentations.
What do you need to have?
· 0 – 2 Years of related experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science or related area
· Interest in learning scripting languages
· Ability to write basic SQL queries
· Interest Big Data
· Experience with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
· Good organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Read, write and speak English fluently
· Availability to work full time
Start Date: June 1st or after
Duration: 10 weeks in length
Pay Rate: $17/hour
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education and experience stated above. All employees must read, write and speak fluent English and host country language. This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.