Big Data Engineer Intern
Big Data Engineer Intern
Engineering & Tech Operations | Seattle, Washington (Remote)
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
You will be joining the Data foundation and platform team to build the next generation big data and analytics platform & infrastructure, to support the internal enterprise users to build analytics, data science models, data pipelines and all-things-data enabling analytics at scale @Docusign. You will be a member of a focused data team which builds data infrastructure, data science tools, data pipelines integrating systems & sources of type structured and unstructured in nature. You will learn about the problems, needs and resolve them with the help of your peers & leads, ranging from user/access control, data security, scalability and performance.
- Understand and work on big data problem space
- Build data infrastructure and pipelines to be used by data scientists, data engineers and analysts
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and other analysts to bring new solutions to the table.
- Use multi cloud platform offerings (AWS, Azure) and build prototypes
- Demo your project to the Engineering team at the end of your internship
- Pursuing a BS/BA/MS and enrolled in school during term of intern role
- Solid understanding of big data, distributed computing & database technologies
- Proficiency at least one programming language and SQL (i.e. MySQL, SQL Server, etc.) required
- Interest & strong knowledge in Analytics, ETL and cloud computing platforms
- Provide decision makers and influencers with crisp & logical data-driven insights
- Experience with or knowledge of Github
- We are unable to support sponsorship (CPT, OPT etc.) for this role
- AWS/Azure certification on cloud operations and/or Analytics
- Experience/Solid knowledge of big data technologies & ecosystems (Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience with data warehousing and ETL tools & technologies (Snowflake)
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Qlik/Qlikview, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Experience with or knowledge of the software development lifecycle/agile methodology
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.