Process Analyst Intern
ABOUT NEW YORK CITY CYBER COMMAND
New York City Cyber Command (NYC3) is committed to protecting City systems that provide vital services to New Yorkers from cyber threats, and helping residents become safer in their digital lives.
As the organization defending the largest municipality in the country, NYC3 is charged with directing citywide incident response, setting citywide cybersecurity policies and standards and working with city agencies to strengthen their cyber defenses.
Cyber Command’s relative youth as an agency has left a lot of internal operations undocumented. The Process Analyst Intern will gain valuable, applicable experience in process mapping some of these internal operations within the Chief of Staff’s team.
The entire process analysis documentation cycle will require strong listening skills, logical thinking, and the understanding of basic process map icons and workflows. The ideal candidate will be able to keep the subject matter expert focused on the entire workflow and create charts in a digital format and possess excellent communication, writing, and documentation skills.
- Preferred majors include Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Business Management, Project - Management, or any similarly skilled type major;
- Excellent customer or relationship management skills;
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills;
- Excellent communication skills with professionals of highly complicated procedures;
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Visio or other process management software;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
All candidates must be enrolled in a degree bearing program at an accredited institution.
- Possess accounting knowledge of rules and principles, reconciliation and closing procedures;
- Basic understanding of cyber security operations;
- Fundamental understandings of contract management, budgeting, and finance with regards to IT or cyber spheres;
- Ability to work independently. Excellent listening and teamwork skills;
- College credits in accounting, finance, and related coursework;
- Strong computer skills including Google Sheets, Google Documents and Microsoft Excel.
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, this opportunity will be remote and unpaid.
Summer Internships are full time internships for students in degree bearing programs at an accredited institution. This classification of interns must show either proof of their university giving academic credit, or funding from their university or an authorized 3rd party.
The length of the internship cannot exceed 13 weeks and must take place between the start of June and the end of August. Students are required to work a minimum of 17 hours per week.
NYC3 will provide a computer for this internship period, students will be required to have their own internet connectivity.