Human Resources Generalist Intern
ABOUT NEW YORK CITY CYBER COMMAND
New York City Cyber Command (NYC3) is committed to protecting City systems that provide vital services to New Yorkers from cyber threats, and helping residents become safer in their digital lives.
As the organization defending the largest municipality in the country, NYC3 is charged with directing citywide incident response, setting citywide cybersecurity policies and standards and working with city agencies to strengthen their cyber defenses.
New York City Cyber Command (NYC3) Human Resource (HR) team provides personnel and administrative support to all agency employees and programs. This includes the management of all processes and policies related to recruitment, job classification, employee benefits, personnel policy research and development, workforce development and timekeeping management among other employee services.
The HR team is tasked with ensuring the agency’s compliance with City, State and Federal labor laws, Equal Employment Opportunity mandates, Workplace Safety standards, and New York City Civil Service policies. We work to support all agency programs and staff through the development of innovative workforce enhancement programs and resources.
- Help track and document mandatory trainings;
- Attend recruiting events and interviews for open positions;
- Collaborate with hiring managers, senior advisors and HR recruiter to understand skills and competencies required for job openings;
- Assist with presenting new hire orientation;
- Provide support with HR policy research and development;
- Attend and participate in meetings;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
All candidates must be enrolled in a degree bearing program at an accredited institution.
- Ability to work independently and creatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and data management skills related to tracking, reporting and data based needs assessment.
- Have the ability to conduct research in the following subjects: types of leave benefits, health and union benefits, NYC policy and procedures,
- Knowledge of G-Suite platform;
- Effective communication, customer relations, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working with all levels of the organization;
- Familiarity with Human Resource concepts;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Experience in managing expectations and relations with multiple stakeholders;
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, this opportunity will be remote.
Summer Internships are part time internships for students in degree bearing programs at an accredited institution. This classification of interns must show either proof of their university giving academic credit, or funding from their university or an authorized 3rd party.
The length of the internship cannot exceed 13 weeks and must take place between the start of June and the end of August. Students are required to work a minimum of 17 hours per week.
NYC3 will provide a computer for this internship period, students will be required to have their own internet connectivity.