Climate Change Data Analyst (Ember International)
Greening Youth and Growald Foundation International Fellowship Program
In collaboration with the Growald Family Fund, the Greening Youth Foundation (GYF) will work to recruit, place, and train fellows to work at the Growald Family Fund international partner sites through the International Fellowship Program. This program will advance the goals of both organizations.
Program Goals and Objectives
· Increase diversity in environmental organizations.
· Increase the number of recent graduates from HBCUs with international experiences.
· Develop and strengthen resources for young adults transitioning from universities into the workforce.
· Contribute to and build the capacity of host organizations.
Position Env Data Analyst Fellow (Ember International)
Help us reverse climate change through an exciting opportunity to join Ember!
What is Ember?
Ember is a not-for-profit think tank working to accelerate the global electricity transition and coal
phase-out in the face of the climate crisis. We gather and analyze data to support high impact
policy and advocacy on climate action and to shape the global narrative on coal. A fast growing
organization, our research, and analysis tackles data and developing stories globally. Ember Website
What is the role?
You will provide support to Ember’s data analysis work on the European electricity sector,
partnering with an experienced analyst on a project relating to coal phase-out and gas
vulnerabilities. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will have the chance to see the
way our research is put together and meaningfully contribute to making a difference in the race
to tackle climate change.
· Helping Ember expose the vulnerabilities of European coal and gas power stations – and using it to campaign for faster fossil fuel phase-out
· Researching the climate and energy plans for countries outside the European Union, especially the Western Balkans and Turkey, and helping us build a coal-to-clean dashboard, to help climate campaigners
· Collecting and analyzing the climate plans of the key European energy utilities and revealing how they stack up against the science of how we can keep global warming below 1.5C
- Must be a graduate or undergraduate of a Historically Black College or University (HBCU)
· Highly numerate with a good capacity for analysis and adaptation and the ability to plan, prioritize and organize
· Comfortable working with data, with some experience in data analysis (academic, professional or from your own projects)
· Organized, collaborative, and excited to work in a fast-moving environment
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
· Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
· A pragmatic approach to work, adaptability and be a team player
· Passionate about tackling climate change
You will get:
· An understanding of how electricity and the power sector overlap with climate change, gaining knowledge about the existing electricity landscape and ongoing coal and gas phase-out efforts
· Insight into the network of organizations and decision-makers involved in energy transition in Europe
· Experience of how to draw insights from data that will make a difference in a climate change advocacy and policy context
· Experience in communicating effectively around data analysis
· Involvement in the Subak network- a community of nonprofits collaborating and sharing data to tackle climate change.
This position is remote for the first three months of the six-month program. Once safe travel is permissible, program participants will travel and work at the international host site for the remainder of the program. All documentation, travel, and housing arrangements required for safe voyage and establishment at the host company's international location will be arranged and expenses covered.
GYF, Growald, and Ember would love to know more about you as an applicant and your aspirations in the sustainability field. As a supplement to your online application, please submit at three-minute video (MP3 file) detailing the following:
- A short and persuasive opening statement or your elevator pitch introducing us to you. Include your name and any quantifiable achievements.
- A brief overview of your skills, experience, and/or interest detailing why you are tailored for the role you are applying for.
- Lastly, a brief statement of your views on the intersection of climate change and diversity on a global scale.
Videos and inquiries should be submitted directly to email@example.com.