Performance Analyst (CA, NV, AZ)
Solar Performance Analyst
We are seeking an applicant to join our solar performance analytics team. This applicant will ideally be located in Western United States (mountain time or pacific time). This is a full time position with core hours of 8am-6pm, with flexibility. This will be a primarily remote position with the candidate ability to travel to our main office in Northern New Jersey. We'll take your passion for solar energy and provide you with growth opportunities through detailed training, tasking and a culture of hard-working technical, and like-minded individuals.
As a member of our fast growing solar O&M company we are seeking a hands-on performance analyst, who is able to quickly adapt to changes in their roles and tasks. Job entails regular data monitoring, technical analytics, technical troubleshooting, project/site forecasting, performance review/benchmarking and frequent interfacing with clients and company operations teams. Routine management of project portfolios and data networking for numerous large scale C&I and utility photovoltaic (PV) systems as well as logging and generating reports re: same.
Reporting to the NOC Manager, the analyst is expected to work closely with the performance analyst team, technical field teams and help automate detection/diagnosis of underperforming systems. He/she is also expected to create/automate weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports as well as perform analysis to guide data-driven business decisions. The right candidate will possess some or all of the following qualifications:
- Generate and maintain reports to track solar project/fleet performance on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Identify, highlight and support the development and automation of Key Performance Indicators including but not limited to performance, contract compliance, MSA, etc.
- Extract, parse and translate large production data sets into meaningful reports
- Perform deep-dive analysis as required to generate actionable steps for improving Operations performance or support data-driven business decisions for tactical or strategic initiatives
- Work with management to analyze, merge and manage existing and new assets in company's portfolio
- Work closely with various data service providers, maintain data quality and maintain/improve automated dispatch system
- Create and present analysis to upper management and clients
- Manage and escalate technical support issues to internal and external resources
- Record and maintain logs of service requests, work or services performed, invoices, and other dispatch information in CRM system
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have clean background, drivers license and professional demeanor
- References upon request
General Knowledge & Skills
- Requires attention to detail and the aptitude to tell a complete and actionable story through data and analysis
- Ability to document services performed and generate professional reports a plus
- Proven focus on and experience with generating actionable recommendations through data-driven analysis
- Ability to understand how data maps to business processes and to make recommendations on how to adjust procedures to gain efficiencies, increase quality or improve service
- Comfortable working as a team player or independently if necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly
- Work assignments sometimes scheduled on little notice
- Strong customer service, professionalism, respect and good interpersonal skills is a must
- Desire to learn, work hard and grow with a young entrepreneurial renewable energy company
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proficient with technology and computing via a variety of cloud-based programs and data processing/technical/management software programs
- Ability to read and understand electrical/mechanical diagrams, project design drawings and other architectural plans/construction documents a plus
Interested candidates should kindly submit their resume, cover letter and references via Handshake portal.
Serious inquiries ONLY!