Greenhouse Gas Markets Analyst
At Element Markets, we are passionate about making an impact in a decarbonizing economy and helping our clients do well by doing good. As leaders in our space and with recent backing by one of the largest private equity firms in the world, we’re growing our team and seeking talented individuals with leadership ambitions, entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for problem-solving and client service. If you are a high-energy team player striving for excellence on the job, dedicated to success, and looking for a challenge, Element Markets is interested in hearing from you. Applicants with unconventional backgrounds and experience are welcome. In return for your commitment and hard work, we offer a highly competitive salary, good benefits, and an enriching work environment that provides ample opportunities for learning and career advancement in a fast-growing industry.
- - Demonstrate understanding of supply and demand data analytics for greenhouse gas (GHG) markets and effectively present to both internal and external audiences
- - Interface with clients and effectively communicate understanding of the markets and how Element Markets’ solutions add value
- - Research and communicate to staff new opportunities within existing and emerging markets
- - Help formulate go to market strategies in coordination with team members
- - Support data logging and contract administration
- - Provide analytical support for projects and initiatives to help shape EM’s corporate strategy
- - Research and report on carbon offset protocols—examine new and emerging opportunities for credit generation
- - Work cross-functionally with operations, accounting, legal, and leadership to support internal reporting and financial projections
- - Bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, or environmental science field
- - 0-3 years of work experience
- - Demonstrated analytical process thinking and problem solving – prior professional experience, internships and/or collegiate research a plus
- - Successful project/task management track record. Attention to detail is a must
- - Strong skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Data analysis/visualization experience is highly preferred
- - Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate analytical data and technical information into layman’s terms
- - Facility or familiarity with commercial frameworks (preferred)
- - Knowledge of relevant regulatory environmental policies and markets preferred
- - Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the Houston area
- - Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the title of the job for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
If you are interested in a career with Element Markets, please send your resume to email@example.com. Indicate the job title of the role for which you are applying in the email subject line. We review all applications that we receive but may not be able to respond to every applicant due to volume. Thank you for your interest in Element Markets.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.