IT Intern - Information Delivery
Join our Information Technology (IT) Team at Helen of Troy as an Information Technology Intern! This role will be supporting the IT Information Delivery team and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands, including our 8 leadership brands: OXO, Hydro Flask, Vicks, Braun, Honeywell, PUR, Hot Tools, Drybar. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day.
Look around you at home, and you'll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
*This position will be based in El Paso, TX, and temporarily eligible for Work from Home. When our office reopens, you will be required to work from the office Monday-Friday.*
What you'll be doing:
Our work environment is for those who are not afraid to have more freedom, try new things, and see their ideas come to life. Be yourself, encourage others to reach higher, and soar together. We are an established dynamic company with a culture of inclusiveness. You will have the opportunity to have hands-on experience with building predictive data science models to solve our business needs. You will also have access to online training modules to further develop your soft and technical skills, and hands-on experience in our programs include networking, mentorship, volunteering opportunities, speaker sessions, visibility to top leaders, and much more.
- Collaborate with other hardworking problem solvers, including both interns and team members.
- Your creativity and determination will make a difference in the outcome our products
- Successful graduation from our program will result in consideration for career opportunities at various brands and locations.
- Effectively communicate with an international multi-functional team
- Compensation: Paid Hourly Wage
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive attitude, desire to learn, and works well in a collective environment
- Knowledge with Data Science predictive model development
- Knowledge of basic SQL concepts and design of SQL queries
- Knowledge with BI Tools like Power BI, Tableau, Qlik etc
- Knowledge in applying data exploration and mining skills (R, Python, or equivalent tools)
- Will be expected to work from home if our offices have not reopened due to COVID19
- Full-Time undergraduate or graduate student
- Completed at least two years of a four-year Bachelor's Degree program
- Major or field of study related to internship (Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Data Science Modeling, Database Management, Computer Science, Science/Engineering or related field)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Commit to a 10-12 Week Summer 2021 Internship Program
- Work 40 hours per week at the specified location of this internship
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skillset, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.