Analyst - Data Engineer (December 2020 - May 2021 Graduates)
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will join one of our North America office as part of McKinsey Digital.
McKinsey Digital brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital, design, engineering and analytics capabilities to help create positive, enduring change in the world. We work with our clients -- from executive leadership to client engineers and analysts -- to use technology to solve their most challenging problems and transform their businesses. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement everything from complex analytics strategies and enterprise IT modernization, to agility, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformations.
Our teams are made up of analysts, mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, and strategy consultants who each bring unique knowledge and skillsets to our cross-functional teams. You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and get the opportunity to work with colleagues and leaders across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses using technology.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be an integral part of our cross-functional client teams, bringing a unique perspective and technical experience to each project.
In this role, you will be a hands-on technologist who connects and models complex distributed data sets to build repositories such as data warehouses and data lakes using appropriate technologies. You will work with our clients and other McKinsey experts such as data scientists and architects to design and build cutting edge (big) data solutions.
You'll be a go-to expert for tackling data-related contexts ranging across addressing small to large data sets to structured/unstructured or streaming data. You will help with data extraction, transformation, curation and modelling. You will build data pipelines and identify the right tools, writing SQL, Java, Scala code, etc.
- University student in the final year in a STEM-related field (e.g. computer science, etc.) with expected graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021
- Ability to structure and analyze data in appropriate framework (e.g. Excel, Access, VBA, SQL)
- Exposure to big data platforms like Hadoop, hbase, CouchDB, hive, Pig, etc.
- Experience with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Passion for data tools and processes to drive business insights
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to quickly understand and appreciate underlying business context, problems and objectives of analytical projects
- Strong command of the English language (both verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel