Data Scientist Paid Internship
Job Summary: Assist in supporting machine learning (ML) modelling, management and problem analysis, data exploration and preparation, data collection and integration, operationalization. Support integrating quantitative methodologies with an understanding of business and clinical issues/needs to solve complex health system problems.
- Currently enrolled as a student in a Master’s or PhD Degree Program.
- Progress towards a Master’s or PhD degree program in quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science, Analytics or Business Administration with a minimum GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: generalized linear model (GLM)/regression, random forest, boosting, trees, text mining, hierarchical clustering, deep learning, convolutional neural network (CNN), recurrent neural network (RNN), T-distributed Stochastic Neighbor Embedding (t-SNE), graph analysis, etc
- Ability to generate hypotheses about the underlying mechanics of the business process
- Intermediate proficiency with SQL, SAS, R, STATA or other high-level data programming language
- Ability to test ML models, such as cross-validation, A/B testing, bias and fairness
- For summer internships, must be able to work 40 hours per week.