Db2 Database Administrator
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
This position sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS). As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that the managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization within IBM will become an independent company (currently known as NewCo) by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies. NewCo has incredible potential, and we will unlock it together while we make history as a newly independent company that will be the #1 managed IS services provider on “day one” as a publicly traded company. NewCo will be positioned for financial success with over 4600 clients and approximately $19 billion in annual revenue. Drawing on the best of IBM, it will include our unmatched talent, the breadth of our services, an even broader ecosystem of partners, and our deep global client relationships. Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to NewCo is still yet to be confirmed.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM’s Client Innovation Center in Columbia, MO is seeking an entry-level Db2 Database Administrator. This role will work in a project team environment partnering with external clients to provide support of the infrastructure by performing administrative functions of the DB2 LUW database servers including vendor-supported tools, support of IBM standard tools, and maintaining servers in accordance to customer agreed upon security settings.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Db2 LUW Database Administration (multiple versions)
- Experience in at least one or more of the following: installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring relevant technologies
- Experience in backup and recovery methodologies (TSM, SQL, Backtrack) and understanding of various physical and/or logical DBA tools
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep knowledge of DB2 best practices, configuring DB2 to various security standards like ITCS, CIS etc.
- Experience with Shell, Perl or Bash scripts
- Knowledge on High Availability using HADR TSA will be an added advantage
- Exposure to Zabbix & DSM monitoring tool is an added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of Installing configuring DB2 LUW with HADR
- Demonstrated knowledge of Disaster Recovery Procedures