Here at TruWeather Solutions, we are an innovator in our field, driving improvements in micro-weather and translating complex weather science into simple decisions for weather-sensitive industries. At TruWeather, we view weather as a threat to business profits, client satisfaction, and worker safety, requiring the most precise weather intelligence to anticipate and mitigate the threat. We are seeking to hire a Data Engineer to join our team. If you are a passionate self-starter, TruWeather is where to be now.
What will you do?
TruWeather Solutions is working on several projects focused on fusing, validating and evaluating data from different sources to provide the best weather estimates to support Advanced Air Mobility operations, including cargo drones and air taxis.
You will work for our Chief Scientist who leads all modeling and simulation activities. If you are working in Albany, you will work in the brand-new Emerging Technology and Entrepreneurship Complex (ETEC) at the University of Albany campus in our new TruWeather office space. You will be surrounded with a team of professional scientists, software engineers and technologists responsible for helping to make you and the company successful. If you come to Albany from out-of-state to work, you are exempt from New York State taxes for up to five years. The chosen candidate should preferably be in Albany, NY; however, finding the best candidate at any location is a priority and we encourage all to apply.
- MS degree in software engineering, data science, or statistical engineering
- Two years’ experience in the following areas:
- Uncertainty quantification, data assimilation and Bayesian statistics.
- Machine Learning
- Model development improvements and evaluation
- Proficient in numerical coding with Python including using GPU
- Writing reports
- Work independently
- Excellent communicator
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks
- Team Player
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Stay on top of technological advances and data science trends
- Lead assigned project tasks, including code developments and data evaluation.
- Assist the Chief Scientist in different project tasks.
- Participate in meetings and in draft deliverables.
- Meet all assigned tasks on time with excellent results and minimal rework!
- Meet the goals and interests of the company.
TruWeather offers a full benefits package including a health plan, 401K, paid vacation and holidays.
TruWeather seeks to place you in Albany NY. TruWeather has offices in Northern Virginia, Albany, NY, and Grand Forks, ND; remote work is a possibility.
TruWeather is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Starting at $84,000 with rapid growth potential in this fast moving company
How to apply
Send your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com