Healthcare Data Analyst Intern
In this very hands-on role, you will be working with our growing engineering team with implementation and collaborating directly with senior technical leadership. We are looking for an energetic Healthcare Data Analyst or Researcher to help the development of the quality of care and cost models that drive Saina Health's products. This is an exciting opportunity to use your expertise in statistics or model development to create tools that will directly help patients receive high quality, low cost care. Come work in an awesome start up environment with a fun and talented team.
This is an unpaid internship and academic credit is a requirement, though by finishing a successful internship, there is an opportunity to become a key member within our group leading the data mining and AI development for our future release features. Are you ready to be part of something big?
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with complex products/marketplaces with multiple user types OR experience understanding health outcomes or behavior change
- Experience writing clean, well-tested code in SQL and Python
- Comfortable reading and gaining insights from healthcare literature
- Audit data integration efforts to ensure proper and complete collection
- Sand practice collaboration and feedback. You question and seek feedback on your own work and opinions
- Excellent documentation and verbal communication skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Required Skill Sets:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- 2+ years experience applying data science & analytics to real business problems, working closely with product/engineering teams to analyze product experiments and understand primary drivers of outcomes
- Classify data to train machine learning algorithms
- Experienced with SQL, Excel, Python
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Previous successful internships
- Data analysis and Statistics coursework
- Healthcare data processing experience
At Saina Health, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, national origin and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values!