Business Incentives Analyst
***Typical Hiring Range: $54,400 - $62,000 annually***
***Salary to be commensurate with qualifications***
Responsible for the oversight, planning, analysis, and technical support of El Paso County’s business incentive programs. Conducts research on business trends to assist with identifying business needs. Monitors business incentive programs, developments, projects, and efforts.
- Oversees El Paso County Economic Development Department’s business incentive programs. Ensures continuous Federal, State, and Local compliance with all program elements.
- Develops, analyzes, and submits research on economic development needs. Compiles data and prepares complex written and/or statistical reports.
- Collaborates with County leadership to develop strategic incentives aimed at attracting businesses to El Paso County; implements strategic incentives and identifies and recommends areas of needed improvement.
- Responsible for community outreach, to include identifying businesses eligible for incentive programs. Serves as a liaison to business partners in the community by assisting with efforts to provide business incentive opportunities.
- Responsible for the administrative components of special business incentive districts/zones or programs.
- Administers the El Paso County Business Loan Fund. Monitors contractor compliance and provides consultation related to Business Loan Fund. Resolves issues and assists in negotiating matters related to performance of required outcomes. Completes annual contract renewal.
- Responsible for the components associated with the administration of the Urban Renewal Review Committee.
- Responsible for the County's appropriate issuance of Private Activity Bonds (PAB) for industrial development purposes. Processes applications, presents to PAB Committee, and coordinates with bond counsel to ensure legal compliance.
- Coordinates and attends periodic interagency consultation, applicant, project level, and planning meetings; prepares meeting addenda and documents outcomes and resolutions.
- Resolves issues related to assigned areas. Exercises independent judgement within well-defined and established guidelines/practices to determine appropriate action.
- Coordinates/collaborates with Economic Development leadership in addressing complex business issues or concerns.
- Spearheads special business incentive projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree with major coursework in economic development, public administration, business administration, planning, or related field.
- Two (2) years experience in economic or business development.
- Previous experience implementing and analyzing business incentives and/or business attraction/retention strategies preferred.
- Ability to utilize software that compiles and analyzes economic data. Ability to write concise, logical, and grammatically correct analytical reports.
- Knowledge of scope and application of Local, State, and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to economic development and planning practices.
- Ability to comprehend complex financial issues and recommend/implement targeted solutions.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail. Must possess good grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment by taking appropriate action within defined guidelines and practices.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with coworkers, County personnel, external agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to operate computers and standard office equipment, working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation, motor vehicle record check, and drug screen.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment; some travel may be required.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.elpasoco.com For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
EL PASO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER