Sales Representative - Chicago, IL [2022 Grads]
Chicago 2022 Start Dates: 2/14, 2/28, 3/21
December 2021, Spring 2022 and Summer 2022 Grads welcome!
Arrive Logistics is one of the fastest-growing freight brokerages in the nation, with exponential growth since its founding in 2014. As a 3PL within the supply chain industry, Arrive Logistics works non stop to help connect shippers to trucking companies all across the nation by providing unparalleled service, seamless tech capabilities, and custom solutions. With headquarters in Austin, TX, and an office in Chicago, IL, Arrive has been recognized by Inc. as both a Best Workplace and an Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Company.
Arrive Logistics is seeking hard-working and motivated individuals to join our inside sales team. We offer two unique career tracks to join either our Business Development or Carrier Sales teams. No logistics or sales experience required! After getting to know you through a 3 step interview process, you will be placed on one team or the other. Both tracks include unique training programs developed by some of the industry’s best leaders and trainers. We will provide you with foundational sales and logistics skills you’ll need for ultimate success.
After graduating from training, you will join a team, competing together and supporting each other to accomplish your goals and the company’s goals. You will set out to build your own book of business from the ground up. You will own the entire sales process - generating leads, making cold/warm calls, building relationships, and landing new business. You will soon become the point person for your accounts and manage your loads and business relationships day to day. Each and every day you will contribute to Arrive’s growth and friendly, collaborative, and competitive company culture!
At Arrive, our people are our greatest asset. Investing in our employees is what allows us to serve the distinct needs of our shippers and carriers. Highlights of this role include best in business training, mentorship and leadership, uncapped commission, opportunities for internal growth, and a unique company culture you won’t find anywhere else!
What will you be responsible for?
- Graduating from your respective training program! You will learn the ins and outs of the logistics industry, brokerage operations and sales techniques. Paid training timelines are 9 weeks for Carrier sales and 20 weeks for Business Development sales.
- Generating leads and hitting the phones! You will research new accounts, make outbound phone calls and send emails to establish strong business connections.
- Managing your book of business. Once you land an account on the Carrier or Business Development side, you will manage the day to day of that account and be the main point-of-contact.
- Creating and maintaining strong business relationships internally and externally.
- Solving problems - logistics never stops! You’ll be responsible for putting out fires and bringing solutions to the table.
Who do we want to hire?
- Candidates with degrees in Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Business, or another related field are highly preferred.
- We’re looking for personable, hard-working individuals who aren’t afraid to go above and beyond each and every day for themselves and Arrive.
- Resourcefulness is key! We are solving complex issues each and every day at Arrive. We need team players who are curious, ask questions and are solutions-oriented.
- A strong work ethic is essential. If you don’t enjoy working hard and hustling through your day, this might not be a good match.
- Someone dedicated to doing things the right way every single time. Being detail oriented, focused, and disciplined with SOPs will be extremely important in this role.
- Your career at Arrive will depend on your fearlessness to make phone calls. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone!
- Negotiation skills will be key for locking in sales. Our reps excel when they can collaborate with other team members to achieve results!
- Building relationships and establishing rapport should come naturally to you. Successful sales reps at Arrive will know the importance of establishing strong external AND internal relationships.
- Our work culture is high energy! We need highly motivated individuals to help us reach our goals.
- You should feel comfortable taking risks and making quick decisions under pressure! Our industry is fast-paced. Highly ambitious people thrive!
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive base salary + uncapped commission (commission eligible after training).
- Excellent benefits package including health, vision, dental + more!
- Ability to contribute to a 401K + company match from Arrive.
- Access to Arrive’s Flexible Work from Home Policy after 6 months of tenure.
- Casual dress code - leave the suit and tie at home!
- Free Friday lunches on Arrive! Snack and lunch options are also available daily.
- Get relocation assistance! If you are not local to the area, we offer relocation packages and have a Relocation Specialist who can help you along the way.
- Build relationships and find your home at Arrive through our Employee Resource Groups.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working in our beautiful downtown Chicago office!