Supply Chain Software Engineer Intern
Who is Wyze?
Come and be a part of what GeekWire calls a top 100 “most popular and trending” Pacific Northwest tech company at one of Built-in-Seattle’s “100 Best Places to work in Seattle 2021”
Wyze’s mission is to make great technology accessible to everyone because we believe that when great technology is accessible, curiosity thrives! Founded just over three years ago, Wyze started out as a smart camera company, has since branched out into the entire smart home ecosystem, and recently raised $15M in its latest funding round.
Our offices are based in Kirkland, WA, an outstanding city 10.3 miles east of downtown Seattle and nestled around beautiful Lake Washington! We also have offices in Beijing and Shenzhen, China.
At the announcement of the pandemic reaching US borders, Wyze employees quickly adapted to WFH setups, and we, as well as any new hires, will continue to thrive from the safety of our homes until we can make a safe return to work in our new, COVID-conscious office space.
This role is based full-time in Kirkland, Washington, and we are happy to help new folks relocate to this wonderful, tech-savvy city
Why You Will Make an Impact:
The supply chain software engineer intern will turn their passion for IoT technology, our products, and our mission into focus on automating key supply chain execution processes to deliver operation efficiency, enabling the tremendous growth Wyze has experienced in the past to continue into the future. You will work closely with the business stakeholder—the supply chain team—to understand the existing operation process and desired business workflow in detail. You will work under the mentorship of a Sr. SDE to develop knowledge about Wyze system structure in order to formulate a viable technical solution to address the supply chain execution challenges. You will own the technology development of this project from end to end, including technical specification development, data parsing algorithm, database design and development, front UI design and development, functionality testing and validation, documentation, and training to the business stakeholders. We are on an exciting journey from 0 to 1 to build our supply chain, and you will be a huge part of this!
A Look Inside the Role:
- Work with the Supply Chain team to understand key supply chain planning and execution processes, pertaining to data inputs, processing logic, and outputs. Establish the as-is state.
- Understand the envisioned to-be state and automation requirements.
- Work with the Technology team to gain knowledge about the technology development environment, systems, and tools.
- Formulate technology solutions and develop technical specifications to address the scoped business challenge. Review and finalize the technical specifications with the business and the technology stakeholders to ensure its viability.
- Execute the technology development plan. Design and develop needed data parsing script, database setup and initial population, ETL procedure, front UI, query/reporting functionalities, and other required applications.
- Develop a comprehensive testing plan. Perform new process functionality testing and validation.
- Maintain good communication and progress updates along the development process. Proactively engage with stakeholders to resolve any surfaced issues to maintain project progress.
- Establish clear and sufficient documentation. Provide thorough training to the business users on the new tools/process.
You Already Have These Qualifications and Love What You Do:
- In pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Proficiency in backend database work and front-end UI / visualization development.
- Experience in business analytics using SQL, Python, or other programming languages.
- Have a good business sense and think critically.
- Strong communicator and able to coordinate among multiple parties both internally and externally.
- Detail-oriented with solid project skills. Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
And Even Better if the Following Applies to You:
- Experience in supply chain technology projects and working with different teams to advance the project.
- Experience with system integration projects such as ERP.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau.
Wyze has a full benefits package through Premera Blue Cross. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, EAP, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, FSA, and Daycare FSA. Employee premiums will be paid 100%, and 80% paid premium for dependents.
10 Holidays - 6 set holidays and 4 Floating Holidays for you to use however you choose
15 days of PTO every year
Additional Wyze anniversary vacation days
9 sick days/mental health days per calendar year
Principal 401k Plan - there is no company match at this time
Wyze employee product perks: Wyze employees receive Wyze products as the products are released (new employees will receive a package with all of our current Wyze products)
Employees will also receive Wyze software services once they are launched
Rosetta Stone reimbursement if you'd like to learn Mandarin
$50 a month reimbursed as a technology stipend - taxes apply
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze, then we want to hear from you! Please send us your resume and/or detailed LinkedIn profile and tell us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the outstanding things you can do and how you feel they could apply to our vision and projects here at Wyze.
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lastly, and exceptionally important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion here at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!