Machinist (TSA V) R12213
Perform manual and CNC machining of scientific instrumentation from blueprints and drawings with high level of skill and accuracy.
- Skilled fabrication of intricate machine parts utilizing milling machines, lathes, digital readouts, tooling selection, and proper feeds and speeds required for standard and exotic materials
- Measuring and inspection of equipment needed to perform complicated machine processes including inside diameter and outside diameter micrometers, calipers, thread gages, height gages, and surface plates
- Other related functions as assigned.
- Experience using standard machining and measurement tools.
- Ability to use standard machining, measuring tools, and personal computer.
- Ability and willingness to learn CNC machining skills. Proficiency in all phases of the duties performed.
- Must have a minimum of seven years of actual computer numeric controlled (CNC) machining operation.
- Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Applicant must have a dynamic skill set, willing to work with new technologies, be highly organized and capable of planning and coordinating multiple tasks and managing their time. The position will require attention to detail, effective problem solving skills and excellent judgment. Ability to work independently with sensitive and confidential information, maintain a professional demeanor, work as a team member without daily supervision and effectively communicate with diverse groups of clients. Able to work under pressure and accept supervision. Regular and punctual attendance.
US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the level appropriate to the project requirements of the position.
- More than required experience above.
- Experience providing assistance in overseeing safety-related compliance from less experienced personnel and students.
An agency designated by the federal government handles the investigation as to the requirement for eligibility for access to classified information. Factors considered during this investigation include but are not limited to allegiance to the United States, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations, drug involvement, the likelihood of continuation of such conduct, etc.
Please mark "yes" on the application question that asks if additional materials are required. Failure to attach all additional materials listed below may result in a delay in application processing.
Visit our website (www.arlut.utexas.edu) for additional information about Applied Research Laboratories.