Web Application Developer and Data Support Analyst
Be part of a multifaceted team that collects and prepares data, uses statistical methods to analyze data for potential patterns of fraudulent activity, automates routine procedures and processes, implements data analytic solutions, and improves business processes throughout our organization. Do you enjoy working within a collaborative team environment? Do you have a passion for working with data and technology? Do you want to help auditors and investigators use data and technology to do their jobs better? If these things interest you, then this position may be the perfect fit for you!
As an entry level data applications analyst, you will be part of a team where you can grow, learn about, and use a variety of technologies that our Office employs. Our team supports a talented group of auditors and investigators who are working to make government in Arizona better. We help them identify potential areas of fraud, waste, and abuse more efficiently and effectively by helping gather, cleanse, organize, and analyze data according to their needs and requirements.
You will work on a wide variety of challenges and technologies, sometimes all on the same day. An entry level analyst would typically work on:
- Assisting auditors and investigators with obtaining and analyzing governmental entities’ data.
- Using statistical methods to analyze data to identify trends and potential areas of concerns for audit and investigative follow-up.
- Designing, developing, testing, and documenting programs and scripts that automate routine procedures and processes.
- Consulting with auditors and investigators on business intelligence needs and areas of process improvements.
- Developing and/or delivering office training sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other similar IT-related major, with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Experience mentoring others in technical matters
- Experience with basic productivity software, database development and management (SQL), and coding (C#, R, Python, PowerShell, and/or HTML) is preferred
- Experience with analysis software and development of software applications and/or websites are a plus
- Ability to learn new software programs/languages as they relate to data analysis, reporting, data visualization, and application development
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, employees currently work a hybrid in-person/telecommuting schedule. This schedule is subject to change. Additionally, the Office has implemented safety guidelines and protocols for our team members to follow to help ensure their and agency personnel’s safety.
Depending on your experience, you could be hired as either an:
IT Data Applications Analyst I:
$50,000 (Bachelor's degree)
$53,000 (Master's degree)
IT Data Applications Analyst II:
$53,800 (Bachelor's degree)
$56,800 (Master's degree)