Supply Chain Strategy Intern
About the Role
Mattson Technology is looking for a Supply Chain Strategy Intern to join the Operations team. The internship opportunity will provide students with hands-on experience working with industry professionals. The role is highly cross-functional, involving coordination across a number of groups within Mattson, including supply chain, finance, product, and data.
- SAP Supply Chain data research
- Coordinates Supply Chain strategy activities with other departments to assure effective and timely coordination and teamwork in producing deliverables.
- Identifies, analyzes, develops, and implements supply chain best practices, processes, and procedures.
- Exhibits a strong sense of urgency to maintain high personal performance while making decisions and allocating resources in a cost-efficient manner.
- Partner with the Supply Chain and Engineering teams to help create the strategy that drives our supplier and purchasing decision, now and in the future with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Create multi-year commodity/category strategy plans
- Perform spend analytics to understand past spend and current trends
- Help to create a supplier Quarterly Business Review process
- Involved in supplier negotiations to seek maximum value from suppliers and the Price Purchase variance report (PPV) and help flag and correct purchasing anomalies/errors.
- Currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate, masters or PhD student in the following areas of study: Operation Management, Supply Chain, Engineering or Finance
- Confident, quick decision-maker, who works well in a team environment
- Great communicator and excellent writing skills
- MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word software skills