Entry Level R&D Tax Credit Specialist
We are hiring entry level tax specialists in our Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Dallas, and Los Angeles offices!
The Tax Specialist in the Research & Development Tax Credit group researches tax issues, conducts fieldwork, and supports sales and marketing efforts. The R&D group consists of regional teams directed by a national leader. A Staff Associate’s primary role will be to work under the direction of a Tax Senior Associate or Manager on projects from beginning to end and. They will be tasked with developing and maintaining client relationships as well as delivering a quality work product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct fieldwork - Staff will conduct fieldwork specific to the consulting projects. Field work could include visiting the client location, touring client facilities, investigating relevant facts, analyzing accounting information, preparing cost lead schedules and cost summary schedules, completing appropriate tax computations, and preparing written reports summarizing the findings.
- Sales & Marketing – Staff can often time assist in the procurement of business. Seniors will be made available to address technical questions as well as create relevant marketing content.
- Travel - Some travel may be required. However, most fieldwork can be completed from the office.
- Legal research - Tax consulting by nature requires that staff become "experts" in a particular field of the tax law. Staff will conduct research both in general and client specific.
- Personal development - Staff will be required to read and study relevant tax material related to the specific line of business. In this way staff will become “experts" in the related field.
- Manage workload - Staff will be required to "multi-task" and manage various project tasks at once. Project managers will be ultimately responsible for the overall project and deliverables. Staff are expected to initiate internal communication regarding status of tasks, relevant technical issues discovered, status of workload, expected due dates, etc.
- Bachelor's degree
- Good communication (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office Suites
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
- Advanced degree would be a plus