Associate Data Engineer (New Grad) - Employee Success
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
About Futureforce University Recruiting
Our Futureforce University Recruiting program is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company. With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
Products and Technology
JOB TITLE: Associate Data Engineer (New Grad) - Employee Success
LOCATION: Indianapolis, Indiana
We are looking for an Associate Data Engineer to support our Employee Success (Human Resources) Strategy & Analytics organization. In this role, you will work with business partners across Salesforce functions to understand business needs, translate them to technical requirements, wrangle data from various systems, and design automated reporting solutions to drive insights and intelligence back into the business. You will also maintain (i.e. squash bugs) and iterate on an existing portfolio of projects.
You will have to get your hands dirty and love working with data. You will need to pull data from multiple systems to produce the analysis requested, with little direct guidance and an understanding that the results may be iterative. You must be able to illustrate complex analysis in a concise and simple fashion using tables, charts, and graphs. Most of all, you must have curiosity and a drive to create new knowledge, ways of doing things, and/or applications.
- Design, and develop analytical solutions for our partners to help drive smarter business decisions
- Work with business partners and recruiting to conduct ad hoc queries and analysis
- Design & develop easy, repeatable and reusable automation for projects
- Drive the maturity of the people analytics function in the region
- Support ongoing maintenance, iterative design, and implementation for Employee Success Strategy & Analytics projects
- Review and validate logical and physical design to ensure alignment with the defined solution architecture
- Evaluate, determine root cause and resolve critical issues.
- Work closely with other IT and other development groups to deliver coordinated software solutions
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and MUST be within 1 year of graduation date (December 2020 or Spring 2021 graduates)
- Proficiency with Python, SQL, and Bash scripting
- Understanding of data engineering concepts, database designs, associated tools, system components, internal processes, and architecture
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences in order to proactively communicate project statuses and identify risks
- Team-first mentality and excellent interpersonal skills in order to build strong relationships that will be critical for success in this role
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to shift directions quickly when priorities change, think through problems to come up with innovative solutions, and deliver against tight deadlines
- Upwards of 1 year of information systems experience in data engineering, data modeling, automation, and analytics
- Experience with data visualization tools (ex. Einstein Analytics, Tableau, Domo, Birst)
- Understanding of AWS or other cloud-based analytics
- Experience with ETL technologies (MuleSoft, Jitterbit, Informatica, etc.)
- Experience with Human Resources technologies (Human Capital Management, Applicant Tracking Systems, etc.)
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.