Machine Learning Engineer Summer Intern
The Pfizer Machine Learning and Intelligent Assistance Team deliver and maintain the platforms and capabilities that enable Pfizer Business Units to connect digitally with our external customers, provide intelligent automation solutions, and effectively engage/collaborate across teams internally. We build advanced cloud-based ML solutions at a global scale that positively impact Pfizer business performance.
The Machine Learning Engineer Intern will work with a team of ML engineers to support key business initiatives across Pfizer. The intern will be involved in understanding business processes and executing proof-of-concept (POC) experiments as well as participating in full production builds.
· Work closely with teams across Pfizer to prototype and build ML systems that make the lives and work of colleagues and patients easier and enhance decision-making
· Partner with other Digital teams to define and execute technology POCs using innovative technologies to advance Pfizer’s analytic capabilities
· Participate in development of re-usable microservices and products that will serve as a foundation for scale and AI/ML maturation
· Studied Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field or completed a DS/ML Bootcamp
· Experience with supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning techniques, with emphasis on Natural Language Processing
· Proficiency with Python and SQL
· Experience with version control
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment; with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse audience
· Experience with MLOps tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
· Experience with Agile
· Recently graduated or graduating in 2021