ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen Media tracks the media-consumption habits of homes across the country. Our data paints a rich portrait of the American Audience. As a pioneer and industry leader in audience measurement for more than half a century, we take pride in our technology and processes, and we are constantly searching for new ways to advance our legacy of innovation.
We are looking for Analytics Intern to join our US Operations Transformation team and support analytics process automation and the deployment of a robust, reliable and available cloud based Operations Ecosystem that is the foundation for machine learning and AI in Operations.
- Provide technical support to analytics team, and system/data architects using the platform
- Support cloud migration of analytics workflows and data assets
- Create analytics workflows and BI solutions
- Write software as necessary to ensure system reliability
- Diagnose technical faults on a platform using AWS, Alteryx, Tableau
- Manage the lifecycle of trouble tickets assigned to the platform
- Escalate issues to the platform team, other business units, and vendors as necessary
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and handle work requests with a sense of urgency.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You are an analytics and Cloud based systems enthusiast who likes to work on cutting-edge technologies in an environment that gives you the freedom to explore, play, and learn, then Nielsen is the right place for you. You love solving problems for your clients and bringing creative new ideas to their business. Curiosity, communication, and critical thinking drive your work.You manage relationships and expectations as well as you manage projects. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure——you focus, dig in, and get it done.
- Completed or working on BS in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Passionate about cloud technology, business intelligence and analytics process automation
- Preferred - experience with AWS cloud platform and services
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and/or Windows based platforms
- Experience with SQL, Postgres and other data storage solutions
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Alteryx, Tableau, Google suite, AWS