Data Governance Intern
Teladoc Health is seeking an exceptional intern to assist with creating the future of our organization’s data controls, regulatory tracking, and more. You will act as a hands-on business analyst who will be involved as we stand up our departmental Data Governance Center of Excellence (COE) featuring a state-of-the-art Business Glossary Platform, the Technical Data Governance Framework, and various COE meetings as we discuss governance. Your writing, organizational and technical skills will be pushed to the limit in this posting. You will be in the Product Development area, reporting to the departmental Data Governance Lead.
Role and Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities: Include the following:
- You must be as comfortable speaking with a business leader as you are working with SQL and statistical functions.
- Facilitates work-sessions for Business Glossary and Data Quality projects.
- Can document the nature of a discussion, conclusions, and next steps.
- Works with team to capture technical metadata and lineage.
- Collaborates with team members to identify and categorize data.
- Configures Data Governance application for workflow and operation.
Skills You Will Be Exposed to:
- Business Analysis Projects with Data Owners and Stewards
- Business Glossary/Data Dictionary Stand-up and Population
- Medical Regulatory Frameworks and Application to Data
- Data Classification and Tagging
- Data Modeling
- Data Quality
- Technical Metadata and Lineage
- Master Data
- Process Documentation
- Dynamic and Growing Organizational Involvement
- Enrolled in an Undergraduate program from an accredited university/college
- Majoring in Computer Science or similar program
- Ability to extract clean data and drive analysis with information from multiple systems