Analyst, Market Intelligence & Strategy
US, Portland | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 16889
Market Intelligence & Strategy combines an enthusiasm for energy along with an understanding of markets, policy and economics in order to provide analysis, tools & project management to all functions of the North American business unit including Turbine & Service Sales, Business Development, Operations, Product Management and Government Relations. We are a small, cross-functional & highly collaborative team with a healthy variety in our day-to-day work.
- Is a go-to individual for market knowledge and analysis needs in the North American region and Global Intelligence unit
- Support business development efforts through pitch deck creation, research, data analysis and customer engagements
- Potential functions include product management & forecasting, turbine & service value engineering, creative analysis, power marketing, business development or policy analysis
- Quantify impact of external market factors such as economic incentives, supply chain price volatility, environmental restrictions, and federal/state/local governmental rules as they may impact company and project financials
- Collaborate to leverage Vestas data streams into GIS-based market intelligence platform
- Bachelor's degree or Masters-level education; education in energy.
- Energy industry experience and a basic understanding of energy markets and policy
- Hands-on experience with quantitative or financial modeling preferred
- Exposure to and proficiency with applicable software applications including Microsoft Office, ArcGIS and Alteryx
- Experience with a coding language such as Python or R favorable
- Essential behaviors - accountability, simplicity, collaboration, enthusiasm , continuous improvement and compliance
- Good communication skills, oral and written, and ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Great organizational skills
- Motivated learning & critical thinking skills - ability to identify and deliver actionable solutions to complex problems
What we offer:
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; time off; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and employees with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.