Data Engineering Intern
Data Engineering Intern
- San Francisco, CA
- At Ravel we develop the legal profession’s most innovative products for legal analytics and research, using the latest in visualization and text mining. Lawyers use our products to forecast how judges will rule, find critical cases, and make data-driven decisions. We're working with great technology and the challenges that get us fired up involve large-scale heterogeneous text and data mining, beautiful UI, and machine learning. Industry leader LexisNexis acquired Ravel in 2017.
- What you will be doing:
- Build and scale data infrastructure that powers real-time data processing of billions of records in a streaming architecture
- Build scalable data ingestion and machine learning inference pipelines
- Build a general-purpose API to deliver data science outputs to multiple business units
- Provide visibility into the health of our data platform (comprehensive view of data flow, resources usage, data lineage, etc) and optimize cloud costs
- Automate and handle the life-cycle of the systems and platforms that process our data
- What Are We Looking For:
- Passion for big data and creative ideas for what to do with it
- Experience with the algorithms and data structures to make your ideas workable
- Expertise in any of the following programming language: Scala (strongly preferred), Java, C++, Python
- Experience working with data technologies that power analytics (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, etc).
- Knowledge of data modeling and database technology (Graph database, knowledge graph expertise strongly preferred)
- Familiarity with Cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure) Understanding of machine learning
- LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.