Jr. Software Engineer
In Time Tec offers competitive compensation, health/vision/dental benefits, 401k, FSAs, tenure-based paid time off, and countless personal and professional development opportunities.
Are You A Fit?
Those who thrive at In Time Tec are focused first and foremost on people and making a difference for others. They are committed to and have a passion for learning their craft and developing themselves as leaders. Competency to deliver and perform is required. Work is seen as a vehicle to create abundance for our partners, teams, families, and community. Coaching is welcomed and desired, both personally and professionally, such that it enables someone to live a life they love and live it fully.
Those who would be less fulfilled at In Time Tec are focused on monetary gain, position, and are attached to a particular technology or role. Those who need predictability, clearly defined roadmaps, consistent direction, and a set schedule may find In Time Tec's work environment challenging.
If you are considering joining In Time Tec, we strongly encourage you to read our blog posts, listen to our podcasts, read reviews, etc. to get a better sense of who we are and what we are up to as a company.
- You can find resources on our website at https://www.intimetec.com/
- Read reviews at https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/In-Time-Tec-Reviews-E484136.htm
- Hear what our employees have to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gQSvmG2Ps&feature=youtu.be
- What creating abundance means to us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG3zwQhrigo
Jr. Software Engineer
The Jr. Software Engineer has a hunger to learn and an openness to commit themselves to meet business needs. Our open positions require someone to be placed within a project immediately so consider, if you are lacking experience and still desire to pursue this possibility, you will be asked to learn, perform, and execute in a very short amount of time.
As a Jr. Engineer, there is not a specific role to interview for. Our technical team will evaluate strengths and capabilities during the interview process, inquire about career aspirations, and find a fit based on In Time Tec's business needs. Domains available to Jr. Engineers include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Web & Mobile Development
- Front-end Development
- QA and Test Automation
- Business Intelligence and Database Administration
Our industry is changing constantly and as a software services provider, our partners' technical needs and business objectives are ever-evolving. As a result of our commitment to creating abundance, our teams do what needs to be done, as a possibility. In the process, it is expected that each team member learns, unlearns, and relearns how to best add value in any given role, project, and partnership. The ability to adapt technically, learn through practical application, and to have a willingness to utilize available resources in the process requires technical aptitude and a commitment to be a part of something bigger than yourself. To fulfill this requirement a candidate must be open, others-focused, and inspired to make a difference through their contribution.
The Jr. Software Engineer learns and executes on the full spectrum of the software development cycle including defining and scoping requirements to create a solution that meets business objectives. The Jr. Engineer is responsible for prototyping, coding, testing, deploying, monitoring, and documenting the solution. A learning plan is provided, and resources are available for guided learning to ensure successful project delivery.
- Meet and collaborate with our development teams in India as needed based on project requirements.
- Participate in weekly technical and leadership development learning groups.
- 80% of the time focused on partner projects and 20% of the time with In Time Tec.
- Ability to listen and learn.
- Clear, kind, and candid communication.
- Radical candor, as described in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yODalLQ2lM
- Confidence to say what needs to be said to move a conversation, project, and deliverable forward.
- Ability to utilize the language quickly and efficiently to demonstrate knowledge of the language, its capabilities, and supporting libraries.
- Experience on a software project utilizing the language, demonstrating usage of software design principles and code organization such as readable, well-organized structure.
- Additional knowledge and experience with at least one additional programming language.
- Experience and knowledge of using data in an application.
- Familiarity with databases and interacting with data in them is desired. Ability to understand tradeoffs with different database approaches (relational vs document) and store and retrieve data desired.
- Openness and capability to learn and adapt to other programming languages and design paradigms required.
- Ability to describe, demonstrate usage of, and evaluate tradeoffs of data structures and algorithms for programming tasks.
- Knowledge and ability to discuss software principles such as Object-Oriented Programming or S.O.L.I.D., or design patterns such as MVC.
- Experience with at least one version control system. Knowledge and experience of basics including branching, merging, and conflict resolution.
- Experience with at least one major IDE including utilizing debugging capabilities.
- Experience utilizing resources to work through basic, common programming errors. The candidate is willing to put in the work to discover for themselves and reach out to teammates when necessary.
- In Time Tec will not sponsor work visas and requires a candidate to be a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder.
- In Time Tec does not offer a relocation package.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: $45,000 - $60,000 (dependent on capabilities)