Jr. Data Consultant - September Start Date
Location: NY, NJ, Chicago, Dallas, Charlotte, L.A, or other major U.S. cities also considered
Travel: yes, post pandemic
Relocation: Must be open
Start date: September 20th
Join us as a Jr. Data Consultant to jump start your career at Capgemini in our Financial Services Insights and Data team!
As a new Consultant, you will be our next generation of talent and we will offer you training and a career path to grow your skills in data, consulting, analysis, problem solving, data visualization and cloud. Our Associates work in salaried consulting roles as Data Engineers, Software Engineers, or Data Analysts towards developing, testing and maintaining business applications. Upon completing our initial multi-week training program to enhance your programming, delivery and consultative skills, you will be ready to begin your first project. Our project roles are aligned with our financial services clients on innovative Data, AI, Cloud projects with our customers in banking and insurance. You’ll work closely with our management team who will provide you guidance, growth opportunities, tools, and genuine feedback. Capgemini provides an ideal opportunity for bright engineering-savvy minds to apply and grow their talents in real-world applications through modern business solutions.
· Learn, design, develop, and automate data pipelines in agile environment leveraging commercial and open source technologies such as Cloud offerings, Hadoop, Databricks, Spark, NoSQL, and In-memory Data Grids
· Collaborate with senior data engineers, take initiative, and work individually and in teams
· Develop functional and technical specifications from business requirements
· Perform unit and integration testing, work closely with testing teams to identify root causes of bugs and provide fixes
· Ensure application quality and adherence to performance requirements
· Provide practical and creative data engineering solutions
· Participate in code review process
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Data Science or related field
· Learning mindset with a willingness to embrace new technologies quickly
· Experience working with and developing big data solutions
· Exposure to cloud technologies
· Hands-on experience on writing shell scripts, SQL queries, Hadoop commands, and Git
· Ability to write abstracted, reusable code components
· Programming experience in at least two of the following languages: Scala, Java, C/C++, or Python
· Performance tuning experience
· Experience in developing Hive, Sqoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase on Hadoop and cloud technologies
· Familiarity with ETL tools like Informatica, Ab Initio, Hortonworks, Zookeeper, and Oozie is a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the willingness to collaborate across teams of internal and external technical staff, business analysts, software support and operations staff.
- Must be open to travel, relocation AND remote work
· US Citizen or Permanent Resident
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
About Capgemini America Inc.
Capgemini is a place where different people come together as one team, get creative and deliver results. We like to learn from each other and have fun in the process. Find out what makes us Capgemini.
About Capgemini Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion. Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.