Signal Processing Engineer
Leidos is seeking to hire a Signal Processing Engineer to work in the Naval Hydrodynamics branch at our San Diego office.
In this position you will apply your expertise and creativity to develop algorithms to extract subtle signals and features from state-of-the-art remote sensing data. Working with a team of scientists and engineers, you will contribute to new solutions for nationally important problems in defense.
- Analyze multiple types of remote sensing data, which may include radar, lidar, acoustic, imaging, and hyperspectral.
- Create novel algorithms to extract new features, new scientific insights, and new relationships between data observables.
- Analyze existing algorithms and software to develop improvements in fidelity, sensitivity, and efficiency.
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in applied research & development environments
- Required on-site full-time work in San Diego, CA
- Current US citizenship with ability to obtain top secret clearance
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree
- Detection theory, noise estimation, physics-based algorithm design and development
- Data analysis, signal and image processing, sensor and environmental effects modeling
- Machine learning approaches to signal detection, false alarm rejection, environmental estimation, data cross-validation, and feature extraction and classification
- Machine learning frameworks and cloud computing
- C/C++, Python, Cuda, Matlab