Staff Program Control Analyst
ARA's Southeast Division (SED) in Raleigh, NC is a looking for a permanent, full-time Program Control Analyst with demonstrated experience working with project managers and principal investigators to perform budget analysis, cost projections, material estimates, and man-hour estimates for contract and FAR compliance. This position provides the selected candidate an opportunity to interact with a vibrant team of engineering & science professionals working on exciting new technologies.
At ARA, we strive to hire colleagues who not only have the right skills, but who also demonstrate our core values of passion, freedom, service, and growth. As a Staff Program Control Analyst on our team, you are the backbone of our program teams that serve our customers within the defense and national security industries.
The Staff Program Control Analyst will also be responsible for project finance reporting both internally to the project management team and SED management as well as to customers through reports and presentations. Working with corporate purchasing and subcontracting personnel, the selected candidate will assist in the preparation of purchase requisitions (PRs), subcontracts, consulting agreements, contract modifications, and purchase orders for projects, using corporate templates and following established company guidelines. In addition, the selected candidate may assist SED project managers in negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing-out purchase orders, subcontracts, consulting agreements, and intercompany work authorization agreements.
As a member of our Program Management Office (PMO) this role will support the Southeast Division’s (SED) growing business portfolio. Duties will include:
- Budget tracking, forecasting, and other financial analysis tasks for an assigned portfolio of projects
- Preparing and updating project finance & management plans based on executed contracts and contract modifications
- Compiling, recording, analyzing, submitting, tracking, and closeout of supplier agreements and invoicing for direct purchases and subcontracts
- Developing cost proposals and quotes based on ARA standard estimating practices and input from project managers
Staff Program Control Analyst Required Experience & Skills:
Candidates must have the following skills and attributes to be considered for this position -
- Selected candidates must be U.S. Citizens and may be subject to a government security investigation. Candidates must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- At a minimum, we are seeking candidates with a Bachelor's Degree, or higher, in a related field with five to seven years of related work experience. 13-15 years of experience in lieu of a degree will also be accepted
- Candidates must be self-motivated with the ability to work proactively and achieve results without close supervision
- Organized individuals with excellent attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and the capacity to change priorities quickly and work effectively under deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must, with the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff located both here in Raleigh and at other ARA facilities located around the country
- Ability to manage competing priorities and complete assigned tasking within required timelines
- Self-directed and a problem solver
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in FAR/DFAR requirements
Staff Program Control Analyst Desired Experience & Skills:
Candidates with one or more of the following skills or attributes will receive additional consideration -
- Demonstrated expertise in preparing procurement requests
- Demonstrated expertise in developing cost proposals and/or generating price quotes
- Experience with the federal or state government purchasing and contracting procedures
- Master’s in business administration degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- Holds an active DoD security clearance or held one within the last two years
Above all, we value passion, a desire to learn, and teamwork. We are confident that if you possess the right attitude, work ethic, and skill set that you could succeed in this role.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/