Technical Marketing Engineer
KEYENCE, we never settle. We aim to change the status quo for society and for the world, one product at a time. We are a global leader in industrial automation with the ability to add value to customers in all aspects of manufacturing, research, and design. Our strict promote from within policy puts pressure on our organization to continue developing new managers so we can expand our business and provide lucrative careers for our employees. We hire talented individuals who push themselves and our organization to get to the next level.
KEYENCE Technical Marketing team members are the product experts for their respective divisions. They are responsible for developing the skill level of the division’s sales force, creating resources for internal and external marketing needs, as well as providing knowledgeable support to both sales and customers. In this role, you will: orchestrate product-related trainings for the purpose of maximizing sales, provide product support and application assistance, and create marketing / sales resources to support the divisional direction. Candidates should possess strong technical skills, communication skills, including public speaking, and demonstrate excellent prioritization and attention to details.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide product and application support for customers and salespeople
- Plan, design, develop, and deliver trainings to both new hires and existing employees on products, applications, and competitors
- Develop, update, and disseminate technical guides and tips in order to increase the knowledge and skill level of the sales force
- Develop, proofread, and modify new product release materials such as product literature, technical and sales manuals, training manuals, etc.
- Research and analyze trends of both existing and emerging customer industries, successful product applications, and competitive information in order to maximize the ability of Keyence salespeople to place Keyence products into the market
- Travel to internal regional conferences, sales offices, and/or tradeshows for training and marketing activities
- Support division management in the development and implementation of new strategies
- Proactively identify areas to improve department operation efficiency and initiate projects to achieve such improvements
Requirements and Qualifications
- Four-year college degree
- Interest and aptitude to master Keyence's highly technical products
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong public speaking skill
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simplified fashion
- Ability to organize and prioritize a diverse set of projects, tasks, and activities for timely completion
- Ability to come up with creative training, support, and marketing ideas
- Proficient business writing and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based applications, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Integrity – job requires appropriate handling of confidential, sensitive information
- Keyence will not sponsor applicants for work visas
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, or similar technical field
- This position is located in Itasca, IL
Why work for KEYENCE?
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- “Learn by doing” development policy
- Recognized by Forbes World’s Top 100 as “Most Innovative” company 8 years in a row
- Promote from Within Culture
KEYENCE is an at-will, Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not sponsor applicants for work visa.
Up to 25% Travel