Product Research and Development Analyst - Chevy Chase, MD
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, read on!
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset to creatively solve business problems with innovative solutions? Then look no further, a career in the Research, Analytics, and Development (RAD) department offers exciting opportunities to solve some of the most complex business objectives working with a prominent digital company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
A GEICO Analytics career offers a variety of positions to build your own career path and develop a well-rounded view of the business. This is a unique opportunity to utilize your analytical and problem-solving skills to help shape GEICO’s competitive position by not only identifying the problems but also developing, recommending, and implementing the solutions.
As a Product Research & Development Analyst you’ll directly contribute to GEICO’s overall growth and profitability by utilizing predictive customer analytics and business knowledge to develop and implement innovative solutions that result in industry-leading product segmentation and customer experience.
A typical day may include using various programming languages to maximize the applicability of internal and external data sources, monitoring GEICO’s competitive position, and presenting strategic business proposals to senior management. This will be a highly visible position as you will have the opportunity to frequently collaborate with outside vendors as well as various departments including Marketing, Sales, Underwriting, IT, Product Management, and Actuary.
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
• Able to understand business questions & appropriately leverage data to develop practical solutions
• Able to effectively analyze & visualize data to address business questions
• Familiarity with MS Office applications + willing/able to learn more advanced skills
• Able & willing to continuously learn programming languages, statistical methods, & other technical skills relevant to the job, such as R, SQL, etc.
• Excited to experiment with new analytical methods, tools, programming languages, etc.
• Able to think outside the box to develop creative solutions on either the technical or business side
• Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Able to effectively present analytical findings to management
• Able to work both independently and in a team environment
• Adaptable, willing and able to learn from mistakes, growth mindset, and receptive to feedback
• Demonstrated leadership potential and a high level of dependability
• Interest in GEICO & the role of data analyst, and a commitment to continuous development
• Proficiency in programming languages a plus
• Preference is given to candidates with related work or internship experience
This is your first step to becoming a GEICO leader through exposure to real-life business decisions that affect the company's success!
*Please upload your resume when submitting your application
Entry level starting salary is in the upper $60,000s to low $70,000s range