Fund Operations Associate
Voleon is a technology company that applies state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world problems in finance. For more than a decade, we have led our industry and worked at the frontier of applying machine learning to investment management. We have become a multibillion dollar asset manager, and we have ambitious goals for the future.
Your colleagues will include internationally recognized experts in machine learning research as well as highly experienced technology and finance professionals. The people who shape our company come from other backgrounds, too, including concert music performance, humanitarian aid, opera singing, sports writing, and BMX racing. You will be part of a team that loves to succeed together.
In addition to our enriching and collegial working environment, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages, technology talks by our experts, a beautiful modern office, daily catered lunches, and more.
As a Fund Operations Associate, you will report directly to the Fund Operations Manager. You will collaborate with talented colleagues across the company to help manage post-trade operations and reporting. This role is a means to make a difference: together with the Finance team, you will be a core member of running our daily operations and creating infrastructure.
- Maintain accuracy and provide key reporting for trading activity, positions held, corporate actions, and profit and loss related to our investment funds across multiple asset classes and geographies
- Work closely with our service providers to ensure policies and internal control standards are being followed
- Develop and monitor daily and monthly reconciliations between internal records, prime brokers and counterparties, banks, and the fund administrator
- Work with our fixed income, trading, and corporate actions team to review and monitor that fixed income corporate actions are processed according to company policy and industry best practices
- Maintain the internal accounting system, produce daily and monthly trading profit and loss reports, and confirm settlement activity across trading strategies
- Manage projects including onboarding new brokers and trading counterparties, ongoing automation of operational tasks, and assisting with research and implementation for new product launches
- At least one year of experience in public accounting or at a private fund
- Thorough understanding of financial reporting and its application to investment management funds
- Experience working with enterprise-level accounting software and developing efficient processes
- Advanced abilities in Microsoft Excel
- Experience automating manual processes (preferred)
- Exposure or interest in gaining experience with a programming language (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, or Accounting
- Authorization to work in the United States