Aon Campus: Associate Broker, Cyber - Dallas, TX
Looking to launch your career in Risk?
Do you enjoy maintaining relationships with clients and colleagues, gathering and analyzing data, and driving innovation by leveraging technology?
Apply for the Associate Broker – Cyber role!
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Cyber Solutions insurance brokerage team at Aon.
Your impact as an Associate Broker within Aon’s Cyber Solutions (ACS) will directly be tied to you meeting or exceeding these expectations:
- Be responsive
- Be proactive
- Efficiently manage tasks assigned to you to ensure that they are completed by the deadline
- Develop your ability to present professionally in all elements of client facing (internal and external) including technical writing and verbal presentations
- Support senior staff in the solicitation and servicing of clients and prospects throughout the full insurance brokerage deal flow process
- Be effective in assisting with client preparation work (e.g., creating presentations, proposals, etc.) and ensure all client work is accurate and professional
- Be knowledgeable on internal Aon/ACS policies, procedures and documents
- Develop competence in comparison and analysis of insurance policies and determination of needed enhancements by market
- Be knowledgeable about the value proposition of Aon and Cyber Solutions
Recently voted one of the Best Employer for New Grads by Forbes, we are a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
This role falls under Aon’s Early Career Development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into; the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits to coach and develop future leaders of the firm. The 10-month development program begins every summer and includes in-person sessions, networking opportunities, self-study and global leader calls.
What are we looking for?
We aim to recruit a diverse group of professionals who offer varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths to ensure we can continue to offer the most innovative solutions to our clients. Additionally, we take into consideration the following:
- Work or internship experience – insurance specific experience not required;
- Involvement in your community, extracurricular activities and leadership roles
- Collaborative, team players
- Client-focused, critical thinkers individuals driven by data and analytics
- Problem-solver and relationship builder with effective communicators
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is required.
Education & Application Information
Bachelor’s Degree with majors in Business, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Insurance, and Political Science preferred, but open to all majors. Applicants for this role should graduate between December 2020 – June 2021 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. We do not offer sponsorship for this position – CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.
Job responsibilities are:
- Establish an understanding of Cyber / E&O insurance marketplace and our team’s products and services
- Be responsible for working directly with senior staff members on all aspects of client service for your assigned book of business and new business opportunities:
- Save all quotes, binders, policies and other client related material to the share drive with the proper naming conventions provided
- Send renewal application and information request to client in advance of renewal, as determined by the placement strategy for that client
- Compile Renewal Strategy document inclusive of prior year’s renewal highlights, program overview, benchmarking and analytics, current market update, program diagnostic, renewal timeline and ensure it is tailored to the specifics of that client’s industry and exposure; senior staff member to provide commentary on primary coverage enhancements, program improvement suggestions, renewal strategy commentary, and other related technical areas
- Gather renewal submission materials from client, consolidate, re-format that information if necessary and provide submission to markets with the oversight and approval of senior staff
- Solicit underwriters for underwriting questions and compile questions into a client-friendly, presentable format; final questions to be approved by senior staff member before sending to client
- Effectively manage the underwriting meeting invitation, agenda and logistics
- Ensure Non-Disclosure Agreements are up to date and executed according to the client’s preference
- With oversight from senior staff, secure excess quotes from underwriters
- Review excess forms and seek coverage enhancements; secure use of Aon’s Preferred Follow form policy by insurers where possible
- Diligently check quotes, binders and policies and seek corrections from underwriters; primary quote(s) should be reviewed with senior staff member; senior staff member should assist with ensuring that retroactive/continuity dates and any sublimit drop-down limits and language on excess layers are proper
- Ensure the Quote Disclosure Report (QDR) is accurate – all quotes, indications, and declinations should be included
- Compile Renewal Proposal document inclusive of the QDR and include renewal highlights, expiring program, proposed program, program changes, and any coverage enhancements
- Submit bind order to market and secure all binders; ensure all binders are finalized and accurate, with no subjectivities and no binder expiration period, where possible
- Submit ACT Worksheet for invoicing upon receipt of all binders
- Secure and review all policies within 60 days of binding; senior staff member should review any primary policies that are manuscript or have manuscript endorsement
- Provide broking status and continuous support and service to clients during entire broking process and entire period of engagement by client (this is a continuous process)
- Establish understanding of our M&A diligence process and provide diligence reports and benchmarking within the requested time frame to Aon’s M&A deal teams when assigned a project
- Work in an Aon United fashion to cross-sell Cyber Solutions products and services
- Establish understanding of claims administration process and utilize the claims and legal advocacy group for claim administration and counsel as per established protocols and as directed by senior team members
- Establish relationships with underwriters
- Drive utilization of all available technology throughout broking process and client service process
- Replicate effective products/solutions and develop broking opportunities
- Understand the causes of E&O and avoid and adopt practices to reduce exposure
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.