Deep Learning Engineer
ABOUT FOCAL SYSTEMS
Focal Systems is a San Francisco based startup providing Deep Learning solutions for retailers to improve inventory management, reduce out-of-stocks, and eliminate checkout lanes. Focal is rolling out on 3 continents, deployed in 10+ retailers, and hundreds of stores.
We are looking for a versatile engineer who has demonstrated capabilities to develop, benchmark, and validate a wide variety of deep neural network architectures to extract knowledge and information from images in real-time.
Focal Systems is a Deep Learning first company. Join us in deploying Deep Learning to the world!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop state-of-the-art and novel deep neural network architectures.
- Develop training and testing pipelines to assess the performance of these architectures on relevant image processing tasks.
- Keep up with deep learning literature and research publications in order to implement the latest techniques into our networks and pipelines.
- Develop machine-learning algorithms on a breadth of software frameworks (Keras, TensorFlow, Torch) and deploy on a diversity of hardware platforms.
Qualifications and Skills
- Have significant experience training Deep Networks, CNNs, LSTMS
- Experience with Keras (Tensorflow) a plus
- 2+ years Researching CV
- Masters or PhD in CS / EE or equivalent
- Stellar academic performance
- Published research in peer-reviewed journal a huge plus!
We care deeply about the health, happiness, and wellbeing of all of our employees.
- Health Insurance
- Catered Lunches
- Paid Sick Leave
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Quarterly Team Retreat